Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost without my husband

Michelle R

• Moderators

Casa provides counseling income based, it was only $25/month for my daughter, we family members coughed that up for her.

• Like 2

• Members
Michelle R

I've never heard of casa providers,  thank you I will look them up

• Like 1

• Moderators

This is it (there's a lot of unrelated things with the word Casa in it):
https://www.casacounselorsnc.com/

11 hours ago, MichiganDaniel said:

I had a four day weekend here with Memorial day and it was difficult.

It was a day like any other day for me, no plans or fun planned, only the mailman didn't come.

• Members

Being alone without being lonely. I have only met a few people in my whole life that preferred a life alone, when I had Sue I did some solo canoeing and camping, but never felt lonely because I knew where she was . Once you have found your special someone being without does not feel right. I am terrified of dateing ,don't have the capacity + what are the chances lightning strikes again. I can't think that big yet maybe a new friend I can fuss over a little.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Members
Griefsucks810
On 5/29/2023 at 7:36 PM, MichiganDaniel said:

I don’t have any suggestions, but I recognize some of myself in what you said. I hate that I have to build a new life with new things and new people. I found my person. We were ready to grow old together. Then bam. Gone. Our life. Our future. I’m 58. Am I supposed to start dating like a teenager again? I had a four day weekend here with Memorial day and it was difficult. I did spend time with other people, a glimpse of normality, but then I came home and was alone again.

When does it stop being a matter of getting through the day and become something like a new life, and what does that even look like?

I know that it has to come as part of an intentional effort on my part, but I haven’t found a way to give myself permission to do that yet. And even If I did, it’s back to the question of what does that even look like?

I wish all of us who are alone and struggling could all go live in a big house together somewhere. Everybody’s alone. How are we so bad at this. The world is built for couples. The rest of us fall through the cracks, invisible in the shadows. All the lonely people. Where do we all belong?

I also ask myself when does it stop being a matter of getting thru the day and become something like a new life and what does that even look like?

• Like 3

• Moderators

No pat answer for everyone but I think for a lot of us it changed around five years. We're all unique.

• Like 2

• Members
HisMunchkin
6 hours ago, Griefsucks810 said:

also ask myself when does it stop being a matter of getting thru the day and become something like a new life and what does that even look like?

Good question.  I wonder if those who are at the "something like a new life" stage can share their experiences?

• Like 2

• Members
Griefsucks810
1 hour ago, HisMunchkin said:

Good question.  I wonder if those who are at the "something like a new life" stage can share their experiences?

I wish they would share their experiences cuz I can use all of their pointers.

• Like 3

• Moderators

On 5/29/2023 at 11:17 AM, Michelle R said:

I truly dont know how to live without my husband! I try everyday he has been gone 3 years this last March. 

I'm so sorry.

I have tried to find counseling but no one takes my insurance or they don't take state insurance or they have there limits on the state insurance they take.  It's hard for me to go to a grief group cause I'm shy ,its not easy to talk to people I don't know. 

And yet it's worth the attempt. Remember, it's not easy for most of them either; it's by its nature a hard topic. Perhaps it would help to remember that others feel similarly.

We have 6 beautiful kids between the 2 of  us and  4 of them we raised together, my 2 and his 2 youngest. They need me and I don't feel like I am there for them even know they are all adults. 

? They're adults, so they shouldn't necessarily need you to be there for them so much as they should be there for YOU.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

And you might try CASA if you have it where you are.  I got my daughter some counseling and they were income based so on her income it was $25/mo. and my family and I coughed it up.  None of us are rich but it helped her quite a bit.

• Like 1