Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

5 years / sweet memories

Brazil Man

• Moderators

Brazil Man, holding you in my thoughts and prayers...I think it was about five years that things changed for me, 5-6.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Brazil Man
2 hours ago, KayC said:

Brazil Man, holding you in my thoughts and prayers...I think it was about five years that things changed for me, 5-6.

Thank you @KayC . It's good to hear from you. Hugs. Moises

1 hour ago, ThereIsAField said:

Thinking of you today

Thank you @ThereIsAField for  your empathy. Hugs, Moises

• Like 1

• Members
Brazil Man
1 hour ago, Roxeanne said:

Last March was 5 years for me too...sweet memories and a little bit of bitter feelings...

Yes @Roxeanne as in my case you know how does it feel 5 years without our beloved ones; sweet memories mixed with a bit of bitterness.
Thank for you empathy. Hugs, Moises

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
foreverhis

@Brazil Man It will be 5 years for me this July as well. It’s so strange how time warps and shifts. Some days it feels as if I lost John yesterday and other times, more often now I guess, it seems like forever ago.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and heart today, as always.

• Like 3

• Members
Brazil Man
1 hour ago, foreverhis said:

@Brazil Man It will be 5 years for me this July as well. It’s so strange how time warps and shifts. Some days it feels as if I lost John yesterday and other times, more often now I guess, it seems like forever ago.

@foreverhisThank you for your empathy. Yes you are right; it's funny how time goes by. I remember you since the early years of my grief and still keep you in my thougts and heart too.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Brazil Man
1 hour ago, tlc said:

Hi Brazil Man. We were here at the same time five years ago sharing our pain.

HI @tlc Since the early years of my grief, I remember I was here complaining about my first Christmas without my wife and you complaing of first Christmas without your husband. I remember his name was Terry, right ? As a matter of fact it's good to find from for the old times whose we be sharing our grieves and turning it less bitter. Hugs Moises

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Yes his name is Terry. Thank you for remembering that. If I remember right, your wife is Rosa. I do hope that you are hanging in there Moises and please try and find some joy each day in some small thing. I mostly find it in my garden and nature and my old cat Lily. Two "old" ladies together at the end!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Brazil Man
2 hours ago, tlc said:

Yes his name is Terry. Thank you for remembering that. If I remember right, your wife is Rosa.

Her name is Rosana but it reminds Rosa and she liked roses. Thank you for remembering, as it is a Brazilian name it's more dificult to keep in mind, and common for English speakers to confuse with Rosa. Hugs Moises

• Like 3

• Members
Brazil Man
3 hours ago, tlc said:

Moises and please try and find some joy each day in some small thing. I mostly find it in my garden and nature and my old cat Lily. Two "old" ladies together at the end!

@tlc I am glad you have your cat Lily. I am living with my parents nowadays but I am sad because they are already in advanced age. I am 57, my father is 81 and my mother is 74. But I thank God that I still have them and we can spend our time together. Hugs, Moises

• Like 4

• Members
Griefsucks810
On 5/28/2023 at 12:21 PM, foreverhis said:

It will be 5 years for me this upcoming August as well. The first 2 years went by slow and the subsequent 2 1/2 years have flew by.  I know that he is in spirit with me and I look forward to be reunited with him when it’s my time to die. 

• Like 3