Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

• Members

My dad has been resting in peace since January 13 of this year. I’ve heard, felt, smelt, & experienced things over the past couple of months that felt like it was HIM visiting me in my home. From sounds to smell to technology to things missing and so on.

My question is to the people who’ve lost their mom/dad/both years ago (May they/he/she rest in peace 🩵)

Although years have gone since they’ve passed: Do you still experience moments where you have that spiritual awareness of knowing that their spirit is here with you right now in the same room/visited you/came to check up on you? & how do you know, can you identify their presence through smell, touch, sight, signs, etc.

I’m asking because it would bring me great comfort to know that when I’m in my 30’s, 40’s, 50’s and so on that I can still feel, know, hear, smell, etc my dad visiting me like I have these past few months. I personally think that it’s normal for me to be spiritually aware of my dad’s visitation & presence since his passing away was recent. But as time goes on maybe that spiritual awareness dwindles. So I’d like to know of any stories about people still having the spiritual awareness to be aware of the presence of their deceased loved one.

🩵🤍🩵 Thank You & Stay Blessed 🩵🤍🩵

• Like 1

• Members

I have dreams of my parents and my sister.  They all passed.  But as time goes by, I have less dreams of them.

• Members

Hi Clara,

I am sorry for the loss of your dear dad and I would feel so comforted if I had  experiences like that regarding my mom. I think it would help me accept that she  has gone on to a higher and wonderful spiritual plane.

But it's been 'radio silent' since her death (2019) which has really bothered me. I have not felt her, dreamt of her, no obvious signs that you'd immediately associate with her presence. I've even thought, in my desperation to connect with her, of seeking out a medium. She would have rolled her eyes at that, most definitely. Lol...

My dad passed away 24 years ago. He always said a funny little thing on the first day of each new month: "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit." It's a bit silly but it's supposed to be for good luck. My dad wanted to be alive to see the new millennium - 1999 turning into 2000. He didn't make it though and died on New Year's Eve 1998. The next year, my family and I were in Florida to celebrate New Years Eve 1999. The start of the millennium 2000 was a huge deal what with Y2K and all of that but it was fine in the end. Anyway,  at midnight, we toasted to our dad, said "Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit" and we said goodnight to my sister and her husband. We had to get our kids to bed and were in another condo rental beside theirs.

When we stepped outside, on this first day of the new millennium just after midnight, there on the moonlit path was a rabbit.

And not just any rabbit, he was the biggest rabbit I had ever seen in my life. He was majestic. And I knew it was a sign from my beloved dad. A rabbit on the first day of not just the New Year, but of the new millennium. My dad really wanted to be there and in spirit, I believe he was.

I would say for about a year after my dad died, I felt him. In the car with me when the weather turned bad, at Christmas time which he loved, here and there... Over the years it dwindled, but I feel like when I've been in a bad place emotionally or completely stressed out, I hear his voice in my head. I don't know if that's my subconscious just pulling out a memory or a subtle reminder that he is always with me. 

So I am very happy about that, but I worry about my mom. Did she get to where she needed to go? I feel like I have to know that because I've been trapped in grief for 3 1/2 years now. If I could just have a sign...

• Members
Sarahismymom

I wake up sometimes & just start looking at my phone. Maybe I talk to my cat. Everything feels so normal. Then I think “wait a minute.  I dreamed about mom”.  I try & try to remember pieces of it but the longer I’m awake, the more distant it seems. I get glimpses though & they’re so …normal. Just us talking about pizza or my asking her something.  Everything is RIGHT. That’s why when I wake up everything feels like it’s the way it’s supposed to be. 

I don’t know if that’s visiting but I’ll take what I can get.   Those dreams mean so much.