Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Fighting the loneliness

WithoutHer

• Moderators

Three months in, that feels an eternity yet grief evolves with time, hoping it helps to come here and read/post.  We're rooting for you!  I'm glad you have one friend, it was more than some of us managed to keep when our spouses died, some avoid us like the plague, like we're contagious!

• Like 1

• Members
WithoutHer

@KayCVickie and I were lucky she crossed our path. Vickie said she was her guardian angel and she was. She is a retired nurse but has a full schedule caring for her ill husband and delivering groceries for extra income. That's how we met. She was also my stroke rescue. I said it somewhere within a post chain previously but able to reach my phone and text only I sent her two words "help me". 5 minutes later she was here with me and made the calls and had me on the way. If we hadn't met her I don't what I would have done. You commented on my story about this before as there was much more to it. I don't know if you remember. I don't remember what post it was in I only remember I was in the hospital when I posted it.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I am glad you met her also, thank God she was right there.

• Angel Wings 1

• Members
On 5/16/2023 at 3:50 PM, WithoutHer said:

Haven't posted since my stroke six weeks after loosing Vickie, which I have miraculously recovered from, but now 3 months out I'm having a day of exceptional loneliness.

Glad that you've recovered from your stroke; and that you have a distant friend who has been very helpful to you. I've been on this board for a few months and notice that there are a lot of folks grieving alone. I personally cannot imagine what it's like. What I am encouraged by is that no one who participates on this board regularly is ever truly alone. There's always some one here to provide some encouragement when you're having difficult or lonely days. We can all take heart in that. We're here for you and for each other.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1