Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My grandad has only got few days left.

Leila_

• Members

I’m devastated, my best friend has only got a few days left. I was with my dad when he got a phone call saying that grandad has only got a few days left to live. My grandad suffers with Alzheimer’s and has done for about 6-8 years now. He’s only 68 years old and he’s been a fighter through out his battle with this disease. 

My grandad is a lovely man, he’s been there for me throughout my life and held me when I was born, I can’t thank him enough for what he’s done for me, I’ll miss him so much but I know it’s his time to gain his wings. He’s going to go be with my grandma and my beloved dog who I miss them all so greatly. 

I hope he can have the best send off also, he deserves a good send off, I don’t know if I’ll be able to make his funeral because of work but I know I’ll definitely be thinking of him and my dad. 

I love you grandad 😞

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am so sorry.  It's one of the hardest things in the world to lose someone we love.  I lost my closest sister a year ago, I still miss her.

I also hear you on loss of dog, I lost my soulmate in a dog nearly 4 years ago.  I will miss him as I miss my husband (18 years ago).

It helps to come here to read and post.

• Hugs 1

• Members
Just now, KayC said:

I am so sorry.  It's one of the hardest things in the world to lose someone we love.  I lost my closest sister a year ago, I still miss her.

I also hear you on loss of dog, I lost my soulmate in a dog nearly 4 years ago.  I will miss him as I miss my husband (18 years ago).

It helps to come here to read and post.

So sorry for your loss, hugs if accepted