Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What positive can you list today?

KayC

• Moderators

Iris was home for less than two days and left to go back to her friend in Sweet Home to escape the smoke. Her roommate is moved in, didn't see her, Kodie and Jazzy played a very short time.  The smoke is miserable.  But this is home. I'd have to say I'd take the winter snow over this, so long as it's not horribly deep and I can keep up with shoveling.

• Hugs 4

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

A couple of hours I checked the smoke level, 90. I got dressed, 97, walked Kodie, 114, now it is 234.  But we got to go on a short walk!

• Sad 2

• Members

Be careful, Kay!....................................and wear a mask (as uncomfortable as those things are to wear).

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I've been wearing them outside. Cannot breathe in the air! And if it's above a certain amount I won't take Kodie for walks in it.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Someone stopped and got the other sleeping bag I had by my Free sign!  Yay, she got it for her daughter, whom I like!  Now I don't have to bring it in tonight before tomorrow morning's storm.

• Like 3

• Members

Prayers are with you, Gail. Hope that the storm does minimal damage to your area.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Sparky1

Awesome Gail, I am impressed at how much you can drive. Hope the storm doesn't do any damage to your place. 

• Like 2

• Members
Gail 8588

Hurricane Debby is causing havoc for lots of people, but fortunately for me, I'm  not one of them. 

The storm slipped a little further to the east than earlier projections, just enough for my house to be on the western edge of the storm. That's the weak side. 

So for me there is wind and rain, but nothing too serious (so far).  I have power and no trees down.  Just waiting for this slow moving storm to clear out.  It could be a lovely day here later this afternoon.

Sadly, lots of other folks are going to be dealing with lots of flooding. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Oh Sparky, that's wonderful!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

When George died he had a granddaughter, she is now grown!  He'd be so proud of her.  Alas, he never got to meet our other grandchildren. 

• Hugs 4

• Moderators

We wish you well with it.  And I hope you have someone to care for you afterwards or can hire someone.

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Sparky1 said:

one of the girls has my wife's eyes and smile.

That is so special!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I'm glad you got that time! 

• Like 2

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr
20 hours ago, Mojo said:

I know it’s irrational, but I’d feel like I’m canceling her in some way. That if I cleaned out her stuff, it would be like she never existed and didn’t matter.

I know what you are feeling, and that thought has kept me from putting stuff away or donating or disposing of anything of Veronica’s until now.  Not irrational at all in our world, as it were.  And the items I am donating were stuff she hasn’t used or worn for about the past 3-4 years.  So it wasn’t too difficult.  But I think when I get back from TX I will need to take a deep breath and start looking at what I can do to sort of clean up.  I think I’ll start with the dialysis supplies taking up space in one of the rooms.  Big pile of stuff that, when gone, will allow me to stash other stuff I cannot seem to part with.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

I'm glad you have plans in the making, something to look forward too!  And taking the wheelchair with you.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Absolutely!

A friend of mine's husband died and she remarried.  To me the cost was too high.  And I know it was hard for her.  He demanded she not have any pictures up of him nor speak of him and she was raising their children.  No!  Obviously he was not widowed.

• Sad 5

• Moderators

Or maybe to have a father for them, I think they were about 8 or so.  Two boys.
Or perhaps she was afraid to be alone, I felt that way when George first died

• Like 4

• Moderators

@ThereIsAField I'm glad the treatment helped your back and you are back home with your animals now!

@Gail 8588 It sounds like a fun evening to be had!

• Like 4