• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Came home, unpacked, now they are predicting another T&L tomorrow evening. Please 🙏 

Also came home to my garage done. $600 more than quoted.

Lost my wedding 💍, just sick about it. 😞

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
widower2
13 minutes ago, KayC said:

Came home, unpacked, now they are predicting another T&L tomorrow evening. Please 🙏

T&L?  ?

Also came home to my garage done. $600 more than quoted.

Don't know how it works there, but in this state, that's illegal. If you got the quote in writing, might want to check it out. (I always get estimates in writing for large amounts for that reason)

Lost my wedding 💍, just sick about it. 😞

Yikes, sorry to hear - hope it turns up

• Like 4

• Moderators

He hadn't given it to me in writing.  But the job looks great.

Very worried about thunder and lightening tomorrow night to Sunday noon...that's how the fires all started!

• Like 3

• Members
Gail 8588
On 7/18/2024 at 3:33 PM, ThereIsAField said:

I wash everything together... Anything that doesn't survive that treatment gets thrown out... Then it simply wasn't destined to survive my housekeeping skills and so it's no loss.... 😄

I have the same system.  If the clothes can't  take it, then they were not meant to be mine.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I would not be upset with George either if he lost his, I'd just consider the most important thing was here...him!  But he's gone and with me losing it now I feel like I've lost another part of him. :(

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I recently had my car detailed and that's one of the things they did. Worth their fee, plan to make this an annual thing.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Good idea going by plane instead of driving, that's a lot of time saved and it's a long ways to travel by oneself.  I don't even like driving the 3 hours to my son's in the boondock maze by myself!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Mine has gone up 70% in two years with no claims and they wouldn't take payments!  What I have to pay for an older mobile home.  It's insane. Only one company that will insure us. Otherwise it's pay to my bank and that'd be worse!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
WithoutHer
5 hours ago, KayC said:

To me that empty seat means all the difference in the world, only in our case it was George who loved to drive and I who gladly let him.  To me, driving is just a way to get from one place to another, but not to him, to him it spelled freedom and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

I feel the same as your George about driving and Vickie loved getting out and taking in the sights. Now because of that empty seat I go nowhere and have no interest in venturing out. My emissions test is due so I will be taking a drive to a self service kiosk and might force myself to pick up some fast food on the way back. Basically against all advice I'm perfectly happy to stay within these walls with our pets.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
WithoutHer
3 hours ago, KayC said:

On another matter: Remaining admin of my diabetic group messaged me questioning my political beliefs, which I consider none of his business.  All because I posted the article about Biden stepping down. I didn't comment, didn't give a view (and won't, not the place for it there or here, but I posted it on MY FB page, not in the group) so I told him I found it offensive.  He still does not know my views, nor should he.  I'm proud of myself for how I handled it.

I applaud you. I let myself get dragged down that rabbit hole on the site I visit because of Vickie's account. Kicked myself in the butt. Glad it's not allowed here. It's best to just prepare some popcorn and watch the chaos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

LOL, we don't have emissions tests here, they do in Portland. I don't think even Eugene has them!

• Like 1

• Members
WithoutHer
Just now, KayC said:

LOL, we don't have emissions tests here, they do in Portland. I don't think even Eugene has them!

It's Maryland and D.C. is right next door should anyone be surprised. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

So glad you are getting checked out, Gail!  🙏

• Like 2

• Moderators

Huge relief!  Chalk Fire is 1400 acres, not 6175, WatchDuty was way off.

• Hugs 2

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr

Perhaps not really a positive, as it were….  You know how when, driving on the freeway, a large bug smacks the windshield and leaves a big smear.  And then the wipers just spread the smear instead of cleaning it?  I have developed a really annoying floater in my left eye.  Annoying because it seems to be larger than the others in both eyes, and because it seems to loiter in the center of my vision.  As Widower2 points out, better safe than sorry.  Scheduling an appointment with the eye doctor to check my eye for anything that could be an issue.  Getting old is not for sissies!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

I hope they can help you, they spot floaters in my eyes too but so far nothing that hurts my vision, I don't see them.  I think they can do something for you.  Yeah, old age isn't for whimps, that's for sure!

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
ThereIsAField
5 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

Perhaps not really a positive, as it were….  You know how when, driving on the freeway, a large bug smacks the windshield and leaves a big smear.  And then the wipers just spread the smear instead of cleaning it?  I have developed a really annoying floater in my left eye.  Annoying because it seems to be larger than the others in both eyes, and because it seems to loiter in the center of my vision.  As Widower2 points out, better safe than sorry.  Scheduling an appointment with the eye doctor to check my eye for anything that could be an issue.  Getting old is not for sissies!

This can be a symptom of retina detachment, which needs to be caught early, if it is. So yeah, good to get it checked out. And yes, ageing sucks in many different ways.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Members
Sparky1

Hope it is nothing serious , I used to have  a few floaters that were really prominent. After cataract surgery on both eyes I don't really see them anymore, they're probably still there though. And yes, old age really sucks, last couple of years I've been to doctors more than I had gone in my whole life 😂

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ThereIsAField said:

his can be a symptom of retina detachment

I haven't ever been told that by my eye doctor, I have no retinal problems.  He has state of the art equipment and has pointed out the floaters to me but they're minimal and I don't see them.

• Like 3

• Members
10 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

They like to come out when you are tired I have noticed.  I scheduled one for myself yesterday as well.  Relating to all kinds of daily living happening here.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Members
34 minutes ago, RichS said:

Just received a new pair of high compression socks (to help reduce the swelling in my legs---also known as Edema). I noticed this morning that was walking a little better. In fact, the best that I've been in months. I plan to start walking outside of the house. It's a start and it's encouraging. 

This is great!  Going to open up a whole new world for you.  I have to go outside everyday for my job and I always feel so much better getting sun  and fresh air.  I am happy for you.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Air right now is 4, that's amazing! Yesterday it got to 600 and nearby 700.  Wish it was light so I could walk Kodie!

• Like 4

• Moderators

Those are indeed 3 positives! Love the one about your cat liking BBQ!  Panther has never gone for anything but cat food so I can imagine your surprise! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Took Kodie to the park yesterday before going to the doctor. Air quality was half that at home (759) so even though it was still unhealthy and I had to mask up, could semi-enjoy it.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

F&S.jpg

First time I've been able to post today, it wouldn't let me.

See what a wee bit of rain did!

Wow, Rich!  That is huge! So glad for you!!!

• Like 3

• Members
Gail 8588

I am really enjoying watching the Olympics.  Marveling at the incredible teams and individuals, such talent and determination, from all the athletes.

If I don't  think  too hard about it, I can feel a sense of national unity and pride here in the US.  The Olympics seems to be a  welcome pause in our national strife.  I hope it continues after the games conclude.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr

Spent a couple of hours this afternoon in the alley cleaning up weeds and grass that have grown unchecked in the cracks and crevices in the concrete.  Alley by my garage looking like a jungle, almost.  Had not been back there in a while, I guess.  When I was working on the truck yesterday, had to get under it and all these weeds and stuff made the job unpleasant.  So, weed whacker and a straight-edge shovel did the job to cut and rip out all the weeds and grass.  Swept it all up and used a blower to move the remaining dust away.  Worked up a sweat and got good and tired.  When I came in after i was done, in my head I could hear Veronica telling “you deserve a beer, but you need a shower!”  I replied “Thanks”.  Showered and then had a couple of beers for my hard work.  Felt productive.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

Can't be outside much for the smoke so spent time in the kitchen yesterday, made the most wonderful pizza! (Recipe in the food section). It turned out crispy, really good!

• Like 3