Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What positive can you list today?

KayC

• Members
HisMunchkin
14 hours ago, KayC said:

Great, you tell the opthamologist how to do his job.  I'm out of it.

Sorry, was just trying to help..... 

I am quite surprised that he/she just gave you a topical steroid and sent you home.  Hope your eye is all better now.   

• Like 1

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KayC

• widower2

• RichS

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

This morning my BS is 100, that's a marked improvement over the last few days with my eye situation!  BS doesn't lie.  It is like a thermometor, showing when you have something physical, pain, lack of sleep, anything going on!  So even though I still have swelling and a marked sore where it burst a few days ago, I know it's  getting better.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr
18 hours ago, KayC said:

BS doesn't lie.

Whenever Veronica’s BS was high and was difficult yo bring down, it was usually because she had some sort of infection going on.  Her endocrine doctor was pretty darn good at responding to her request for help and getting her something like an antibiotic to take care of what ever was going on once he figured out what was happening. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

BS up this morning...we're in the middle of a heat wave, over 100, 86 in house with A/C running on high...heat raises BS, so does pain or any malady.  Two more days of these temperatures.  Sigh.  It is what it is.

My positive is yesterday I heard from an old friend from my other grief site, an archeologist in MT, she's amazing what she's survived, and she thinks I am from my resilience.  Anyway, we had a great talk, should do it more often.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
WithoutHer

Only have 2 days of the next 10 projected in the 80s although 89 isn't a big help. I'm thankful however because of the apartment's small size when my A/C begins to struggle, about 95 or 96 outside, it's able to hold about a 24 degree differential. This place is old not well insulated and the sun alone does a number of driving up the afternoon indoor temperatures.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Just rescheduled getting my car detailed!  Next Monday it is!  Had to be postponed when Iris got a flat tire and then my eye ER...found out he's been sick anyway.

• Like 2

• Members
9 minutes ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

Dusted the furniture in the living room, vacuumed and mopped the floors in the house.

Rey:  Debating whether we should hire cleaners for a one time cleaning, or to fly you in from San Diego.   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, widower2 said:

It rained all day. I think that's a positive as we needed it.......but now I will have to mow :(  

Rain sounds good!  Only time I recall it raining hard in the summer here is when our roof was off, it was very hot, they didn't predict it and we pulled it off...it poured like nothing I've ever seen!

Good luck with the mowing, can you wait a couple of days for it to dry out?

Joseph (Jack's son) came and mowed yesterday.

• Like 3

• Moderators

11/9/21 My IRA took a nose dive...yesterday is the first time it's recovered what it was then.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members
2 hours ago, KayC said:

11/9/21 My IRA took a nose dive...yesterday is the first time it's recovered what it was then.

The Dow crossed over 40,000 for the 2nd time in the last few weeks. They're predicting an interest rate cut in September. If that happens, the market should move further up. Stay tuned....................

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

I sure hope so! 

• Like 2

• Members

The market always goes up .......

eventually.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Sure took it's time! :D

Got knee brace ordered, it'll be here Monday.  Eye just took a back seat. ;)

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Animals are more in tune than we'd think, and there's always that special one.

I'm so glad you had this experience with her!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Went to Iris' place, took Kodie with me, him and Jazzy were too busy getting to know people to play. ;) Up past my bedtime 1 1/2 hours.  Met someone nice I could relate to, we grew up in the same area, know the same places, him eight years after me. Arja seems nice, into healing and cooking.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Positive today, had my car cleaned by Sweeky Clean, they did a great job and even brought it back to me! Can't beat that!  I just got everything put back into it.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Sounds like a wonderful day!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
On 7/14/2024 at 6:19 PM, KayC said:

This is a positive for Iris:
She had her place listed for sale, she'd run the gamut of looking for roommates, looking for homes, you name it and she woke up one day and the words popped into her head, "Bloom where you are planted."  She kept coming back to that.  She realized she really didn't want to leave her place and advertised for someone again.  She found someone, a Dr. Love who has naturalpathic medicine and lives here in Oakridge.  They hit it off, talked for hours, Arja gave notice at her place, signed the rental agreement, and Iris began moving her stuff out of the huge office and preparing to share her home.  Arja's refrigerator just gave out.  Her landlord never does anything so just another confirmation for her.  She is in her 50s and in good health.  

Iris sent out invitations to neighbors & friends to come view her taking down her for sale sign (everyone thinks she's moving away) but the reality is they get to meet her new roommate AND witness the removal of her for sale sign...but for different reason than they thought.

That will be held tonight, I will go for a while, I don't eat dinner and I don't stay up late, but will be there for the first bit and to meet Arianna and welcome her.  I'm so excited for her!  Also, Iris found someone willing to rent a room to her a couple times a week in Eugene so she can pursue her educational interests.  They hit it off and agreed upon a price, what she's getting from Arja will cover her expenses.

It sounds like everything is working out for her and I couldn't be happier for her.  Kodie will get to keep his playdate and Jazzy won't have to give up her yard, which would be major for her after losing Mike, that was a lot.

first off how do  you view the latest responses with out having to go through all the old ones?  Not the most tech savvy in the bunch here lol

Bloom where you are planted.....     this saying hit me like a ton of bricks this week as well.  I have a painting at camp that has this on it and I know its there but you know when you just look at something all the time it just doesn't stand out anymore.  Well it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Something I needed.  So to hear you mention it again delights me and is also such a coincidence as well.  

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2
7 hours ago, Bou said:

first off how do  you view the latest responses with out having to go through all the old ones?  Not the most tech savvy in the bunch here lol

There is no way, unfortunately, at least that I'm aware of, to automatically go to the first post in a thread that's new to you. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I opened every thread when I started, then when I came on I could clearly see what had not been read and could keep up. You can't catch up with everything, just start where you are at.

• Like 3

• Members
WithoutHer
7 hours ago, Bou said:

I haven't been on the site with a computer for a while but using my phone when the list of topics/threads appears one's that have new replies are bold lettered. Too the right of the topic the first letter of the most recent poster or their picture appears. Directly underneath that letter a minute or hour indicator. I click on that indicator and it goes directly to the latest post. From there you can scroll up to see any new prior posts. You will see a yellow line when you come to the last post you read. The line sometimes doesn't appear but checking each time stamp is another clue and usually you'll recall you've already seen the post. But this works for me.

• Like 3

• Members
WithoutHer
4 minutes ago, KayC said:

I opened every thread when I started, then when I came on I could clearly see what had not been read and could keep up. You can't catch up with everything, just start where you are at.

@KayC please see my reply. Does the site show this similar on a PC screen. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
widower2
23 minutes ago, WithoutHer said:

I haven't been on the site with a computer for a while but using my phone when the list of topics/threads appears one's that have new replies are bold lettered. Too the right of the topic the first letter of the most recent poster or their picture appears. Directly underneath that letter a minute or hour indicator. I click on that indicator and it goes directly to the latest post. From there you can scroll up to see any new prior posts. You will see a yellow line when you come to the last post you read. The line sometimes doesn't appear but checking each time stamp is another clue and usually you'll recall you've already seen the post. But this works for me.

I did recall seeing the yellow line and forgot about it, but didn't realize that about clicking on the date/time stamp to the right of the thread. Thanks for that!

• Like 3

• Members
WithoutHer
31 minutes ago, widower2 said:

I did recall seeing the yellow line and forgot about it, but didn't realize that about clicking on the date/time stamp to the right of the thread. Thanks for that!

My fumbling thumb discovered it not long after signing up. Hopefully this will help @Bou navigate easier. 

• Like 4

• Members
Rey Dominguez Jr

Veronica’s sister and BIL left this morning for Los Angeles to meet BIL’s family for a couple of days, then they are driving to Las Vegas to meet up with their son and DIL and granddaughter.  One of those trips Veronica and I would have made in the past.  It was nice to have them here, a nice distraction.  

After they left, I gathered up the bed sheets and towels and piled them for washing.  Also needed to wash some clothes for tomorrow.  Problem was the clothes were such a small pile it would have been a waste of water.  So, I threw the clothes in the washer with the bath towels and got a full load in the washer.  Reverted back to my Navy days before we got married and threw almost everything in the wash.  Veronica would be giving me heck for not keeping stuff separate.  In my mind, it’s all been through the wash many times over so nothing is going to happen to the colors anymore.  Is this a “guy thing?”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
Sparky1

I wash the coloured clothes with the towels together. The bed sheets I wash in a separate load. The drying is the more tedious task since a lot of my coloured clothes are all cotton ( I dread polyester). I have to wash the t-shirts and socks on the delicate cycle, and towels and such on the regular cycle.

• Like 4

• Members
5 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

Veronica would be giving me heck for not keeping stuff separate.  In my mind, it’s all been through the wash many times over so nothing is going to happen to the colors anymore.  Is this a “guy thing?”

Chris told me a long time ago never to wash towels with clothes; especially shirts and pants (possible color running off from the towels, plus the fuzziness of the towels blending in with the clothes). Now you know all I've learned in 42 years of marriage!  :)  Remember the show, The Odd Couple (with Tony Randle and Jack Klugman)? One was a neat freak, the other one was the total opposite. I probably fall somewhere in between both of those guys.

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
widower2

Wise words on towels. Odd Couple was a great show...

• Like 3

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Rey Dominguez Jr said:

Is this a “guy thing?”

Nope!  I normally do 1 or 2 loads a week so wash everything together, I find my old machine I had a million years did a much better job cleaning.  Seems the sensor has never worked and whether it's a small or large load, the washer fills all the way up.  I use cold most of the time unless I have stains I need to get out and usually it doesn't no matter what I use or do.  Kodie's blankets are separate, so much fur!

31 minutes ago, widower2 said:

Wise words on towels. Odd Couple was a great show...

OMG, I loved that show!  Wish they had reruns on...

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Not a re-run, but here's the theme song:

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators

Love them!  Felix would be hard to take but Oscar is funny!  Remind me of a couple of gay guys down the street.  Very different from each other.

• Like 2

• Members
ThereIsAField

I wash everything together... Anything that doesn't survive that treatment gets thrown out... Then it simply wasn't destined to survive my housekeeping skills and so it's no loss.... 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Makes sense to me!

Iris evacuated to Sweet Home, she has a friend there but it's further away.  

I took most of my refrigerator/freezer in case the electric company shuts the power off, but her refrigerator is full and my ice is melted, she's bringing some ice home after work.  I'm fixing dinner tonight, tomorrow night, night after that.  Good way to get rid of stuff and help earn my keep.

I figure my food is kind of like your clothes @ThereIsAField, whatever doesn't survive isn't meant to.

• Like 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, WithoutHer said:

To me it's terrifying what you have to deal with living in a fire area

This is the fourth summer, all the 43 years before we never had this...and it's all because OR has changed how it practices dealing with logging, etc. Mgt has changed incredibly.  Environmentalists should take a look at the big picture, not just their own interests.  Enough said.  Hard enough having the snow to deal with in the winter.  The fires are starting early this year, we have 2 1/2 months left in the season...

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

Love the typo, so funny!  My BIL had "Bert's Fish'N Stuff after he retired, it sold anything to do with fishing.  I always bought him things with fish on them, so I just thought "Here's another person that loves fish!" 

Bert's Fish-N-Stuff.jpg

• Like 3

• Members
ThereIsAField
2 hours ago, shawnt said:

Sorry, typo. Dish towels.

I thought it might be something I'd not heard of 😄 🐟🐠🐟

• Like 1
  • Haha 2