Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Havng a bad day....

tate1

• Members

I need my mama today!!

There is so much going on in my life right now, and I have been the strong one up till now. Everyone said to pray and have faith, so I did. Then something happens and makes me think that all the faith I have had and praying I have done has been pointless. How much pain is one person supposed to endure in a lifetime. Just when I find myself geting stronger, something always comes and knocks me down. I am not as strong as I thought I was. Today has been a really rough day and Im finding myself in a funk.... I wanna be able to keep it together for my family, but I don't know how to anymore. I need my mom by my side.

I have felt my mom drop in to check on me a couple of times before, but I could really use a visit from her now. I guess it would help if I knew she was with me through this trying time in my life. It also doesn't help that Mother's Day is around the corner.

Sorry for all the rambling, I just didn't know where else to go. I have my husband I could talk to, but just don't want to burden him with anything.:(

-Bel

• Members
Daffodilfun

You are not rambling. You are hurting. I know just how you feel. I want mom here so bad that sometimes I think I am going to go crazy. You're right, Mother's Day is just around the corner. It is going to hurt even more knowing that she won't be here so I can pamper her.

Talk to your husband. Don't worry about burdening him. He is your husband and I am sure he will support you always through all things.

Keep praying. I know sometimes (quite often really) I don't think He is there for me, but I "pray" that I am wrong.

Hang in there. We all care.

• Members
dizzydancingway

You don't always have to be strong!! Its so important to have moments of weakness--especially with coping. We have so little control over all this madness and I think the times when we feel "knocked down" are the most healing...they give us permission to let our emotions out, to feel sad and helpless. Its not easy but having a bad day is okay...I think you could use a little spoiling...find a way to treat yourself when you're feeling overwhelmed with the pain. The way I've started to look at it is, my mom is gone, and nobody else is going to replace her, so I have to step up and be my own mom. Take care of myself, spoil myself, tell myself that its okay..OR that I'll be okay even if "it" isn't okay. I felt a lot of pressure being the only daughter to replace my mom and step up and take care of myself, but I've also had to learn how to tell my family when I need them to be there for me. Don't be afraid to rely on someone else....you are not alone!!

• Members

Thanks. It's getting harder the closer to Mother's Day that we get. Also, yesterday was really rough as they finally laid my mom's headstone. I won't be able to see it till Sunday, but think it's going to hit me like a ton of bricks. Before now, it didn't seem real, but now that I will see it written in stone for the first time, I don't know how I am going to handle that.

Archived