Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

MY Grandfather's death story!

brandon_g

• Members

Now before I start I just want too say that My grandparent's played the parent's role in my life! So Here we go:

I've lived with my grandparent's since I was two... Now there gone! It started like this.... First my Grandfather (who did everything for me and was there for me no matter what) had a problem with his leg in 2009 and had too get surgery too get his bad leg removed. Now He went rehab to learn too use a prostetic leg. He was doing fine at the rehab center for the first 2 weeks, after that he refused too eat because he claimed the food at the rehab tasted horrible so me and my family were bringing him food when we went too visit him... We could not stand too not see him eat! Now he was fine with doing it this way for about 3 weeks... then after that (they had a lounge where the patients could hang out and play games and watch tv) he was hanging out in the patient lounge alot and me and my family think this is how he got sick! We think he caught it from one of the other patients, and he was caughing alot the doctor gave him caugh medicine... about a week later he was complianing he couldn't breath that good... they REFUSED to take him too the hospital. About 2 days later he could not breath well at all... now they finally rush him too the hospital (thank god the rehab was only 5 seconds away from the hospital) where he was sent too the crictical care unit for close obervesation. He was on oxgen when I came too see him the Friday before he died! He was sitting up and talking like there was nothing wrong with him! Now that Saturday at 5:00 in the morning we get a phone call that he's on life support! Then 2 days later on Monday (which was saint Patrick's day) I was at school and my mom and grandmother went too see him and the nurse said too them when they entered "you're just in time... he's not doing well" and my Mom called my uncle. When My uncle heard this he sped 90 mph on down the parkway... Now when My mom and grandmother arrived at hosiptal his blood pressure was 9! So it was obvious he was not going too make it and he was dying.... My uncle arrived at the hospital 1 minute before my grandfather passed away!

Me and my family are still grieving... some moments are worse then others... sometimes I just wish my grandfather would come back too me!

My Grandmother is also gone... but I'll save that for later!

• Members

Now before I start I just want too say that My grandparent's played the parent's role in my life! So Here we go:

I've lived with my grandparent's since I was two... Now there gone! It started like this.... First my Grandfather (who did everything for me and was there for me no matter what) had a problem with his leg in 2009 and had too get surgery too get his bad leg removed. Now He went rehab to learn too use a prostetic leg. He was doing fine at the rehab center for the first 2 weeks, after that he refused too eat because he claimed the food at the rehab tasted horrible so me and my family were bringing him food when we went too visit him... We could not stand too not see him eat! Now he was fine with doing it this way for about 3 weeks... then after that (they had a lounge where the patients could hang out and play games and watch tv) he was hanging out in the patient lounge alot and me and my family think this is how he got sick! We think he caught it from one of the other patients, and he was caughing alot the doctor gave him caugh medicine... about a week later he was complianing he couldn't breath that good... they REFUSED to take him too the hospital. About 2 days later he could not breath well at all... now they finally rush him too the hospital (thank god the rehab was only 5 seconds away from the hospital) where he was sent too the crictical care unit for close obervesation. He was on oxgen when I came too see him the Friday before he died! He was sitting up and talking like there was nothing wrong with him! Now that Saturday at 5:00 in the morning we get a phone call that he's on life support! Then 2 days later on Monday (which was saint Patrick's day) I was at school and my mom and grandmother went too see him and the nurse said too them when they entered "you're just in time... he's not doing well" and my Mom called my uncle. When My uncle heard this he sped 90 mph on down the parkway... Now when My mom and grandmother arrived at hosiptal his blood pressure was 9! So it was obvious he was not going too make it and he was dying.... My uncle arrived at the hospital 1 minute before my grandfather passed away!

Me and my family are still grieving... some moments are worse then others... sometimes I just wish my grandfather would come back too me!

Rogcastr,

I am so sorry about the loss of your grandfather. I'm sure the shock and horror of the entire experience is still overwhelming. It will take some time for you to heal from the trauma of it. How is your family doing? Do you all talk about your grandfather at all?

At first when my dad died, we could only remember and talk about the last few hours of his life. Eventually, however, we began to be able to talk about the good times. We could even laugh and smile over funny stories and remembrances. How are your other family members doing?

Are you getting out and interacting with others? Are you doing your normal activities?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Rogcastr,

I am so sorry about the loss of your grandfather. I'm sure the shock and horror of the entire experience is still overwhelming. It will take some time for you to heal from the trauma of it. How is your family doing? Do you all talk about your grandfather at all?

At first when my dad died, we could only remember and talk about the last few hours of his life. Eventually, however, we began to be able to talk about the good times. We could even laugh and smile over funny stories and remembrances. How are your other family members doing?

Are you getting out and interacting with others? Are you doing your normal activities?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Rogcastr,

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Hi Modkonnie;...

Thanks for replying, I seem to grieve in weird ways... I don't get depressed, I just get angry very easily... I think my anger replaces my sadness, I am still very active. I don't have and never have had any suscide thoughts. I talk to people about how I feel and love too talk. I have only gotten really depressed only one time since My Grandfather died in 2009. And my mom was crying first. My mom is the more depressed one... to be honest. But it still hurts me that hes gone!

Archived