Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Run Free Lilith

Lilith22

• Moderators

No one can answer that, Hon, I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you're going through.  No quick easy way through this but to grieve.  The grief work we do helps us process our grief.  I painted rocks for his grave, ordered a marker for it from Personal Creations (you can get promo codes online), and bawled my eyes out.  I kept his water bowl full for 2 1/2 years.  It sinks in, little by little.  What's your dog's name?  Mine's Arlie, he's been gone 3 1/2 years now, he was my soulmate in a dog.  The goofiest dog I ever met!  It was so hard walking without him, I started walking my neighbor's dog but a hard yank for which a botched surgery did not help and a couple of dog bites, one which gave permanent damage polished that off. I've had 13 had injuries in this time and have 10% strength now.

I still miss Arlie, so much, and look forward to that glad reunion day...

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers