Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

2 years ago today I watched my wife go

Jemiga70

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Jemiga70 said:

I do have a friend in Jesus.

This is what's important, not church/religion, yet I do have one as it's my extended family here.  Not perfect, but a connection to being part of something bigger than just me. ;) I feel the same with my neighbors, they mean a lot to me.

• Like 3

• Members
5 hours ago, Jemiga70 said:

I've found comfort here, reading and posting. I know that all of us here understand the hell of losing our special one. Nobody in my circle truly understands it because they've never lived it.

My heart goes out to you today. These are the most important dates on our calendar now and cause us a lot of anxiety and anguish all  the days before. The "others" don't have a clue about any of this and sadly, as time passes, we clue in to their apathy. We begin to harbour our emotions rather than risk getting any side-eye from those in our orbit.

I know, for me, I still note the 23rd of each month because that marks off another month without my partner. Some might ask "why continually focus on something like that?" but it's what my heart recognizes and needs right now. Maybe these markers of time for us serve some positive purpose...showing our determination to carry forward while also keeping them forever in our hearts. Probably the truest testament of love's power. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Moderators

It's not a matter of focusing on it, it comes to us unbidden.  Let them lose their spouse and see how they do with it!  And note, not everyone's loss is the same just as not every marriage is the same.

• Like 2

• Members
On 5/4/2023 at 3:46 AM, Jemiga70 said:

There is still no plan for the future. No purpose. No ambition. Nothing feels right. 

And . . . the apathy is all encompassing.

Those two statements kind of sum up how I feel these days. Functioning, but just going through the motions. I do take seriously one thing: Care taking. My psychologist friend visited me last week. Among other things he asked me is where I see myself one year from now. Five years from now. If this was a job interview I would have come up with an answer to please the interviewer; but I couldn't to my friend. I was answering honestly..........I don't know. Maybe in a year or two I will, but not right now.

• Like 3

• Moderators

It took me many years...at least five, it took me ten to find my purpose.

• Sad 1