Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

finally cleaned out mom's room

Bridelyn

• Members

well its been 3.5 months and the family came over to clean out moms room. her whole life reduced to on rubbermaid container. it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. we laughed at the things she saved. she must have had every card anyone has ever given her. and the past 20 years of her income tax forms. there was no fighting over any of her things. and there is still more to do. we never got to the front closet where her coats are still hanging. there was one tough moment when my daughter found my mom's kilt. she just broke down crying. it was a very touching moment for all of us. mom was proud of her scottish heritage. even though her room is nearly empty i still avoid it.

• Members
Daffodilfun

I cleaned out mom's room 2 years ago when she went in the memory care center. I still have some precious things hanging in her closet. Even though my clothes are in that closet now, it makes me sad to open the door.

• Members

Bridelyn, my mom was from scotland also, do you live there now? I live in USA and miss her scottish accent and her cup of tea and her ways so very much.....I still have a few of my mothers outfits in my closet that i will not get rid of and i have one of her sweaters in my car it goes with me everywhere for luck or something.

I cleaned out her apt 2 years ago when i took her to california with me and i sort of wish i would hve kept some of her furniture as a memory of her. I remember my mother always held on to things from her mother and would not part with them.

Mom i hope you are resting in peace. Love always Debbie

Archived