Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My birthday

Zeeee

• Members

Usually I would wait eagerly n do a countdown to my birthday. Today I turned 25 n my moms not around! She wud leave everything n come n hug me at 12 sharp! She wud make plans of what to do the next day n her presents were alwez magnificent! Last year same time she bought me a watch n it was so weird coz that's exactly what I wanted n I had never told her! This year I feel so empty! The calls n messages from friends have no value n Im just lying here at 4 am crying my eyes out coz all I need is my beautiful mom to hug me...... There's nothing that will ever fill this emptiness n loneliness...... Life has no meaning nemore........

• Members

I know how you feel and feel the same many days...You need more time to heal and find other things rewarding to help fill the awful empty space that we have where our mothers used to be.

I felt awful yesterday today doing pretty darn good. Please take care of yourself for YOU and your mother would want you to get on with your life. Its going to take a while to find purpose in yourself. I have a problem with this also.

Hang on and be strong. One day soon others will come into your life and fill it with meaning again. Prayers for you dear.

Debbie

• Members
Daffodilfun

I just had my 55th birthday. I was very lonely even though my aunt was here. I was told that the big milestones (birthdays, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas) are very hard, expecially the first year. Hang in there. Remember the joys of the day itself and our parents will be standing right by our side celebrating also.

Archived