Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Reincarnation & Life After Death

Kelly

• Members

Michelle,

This is NOT the place to post your narrow minded views of whats going on. Please remember that your views aren't shared by a majority of the people on this planet!!!!

• Members

michelle

hello, i see you are making a bunch more friends here with your views.

i read were you said you believe in the bible word for word. did god actually write the bible? and if so, why are there so many different ones if there is only one god. i think it was written by mere mortal men (ones that can sin and put what they want in ) theres an old saying that when testing the water, don't go in with both feet. it seems that some people just live in a very small box and never venture out of it, believing what they have been told and never questioning any of it. there is so much information out there that suggests life after death, true mediums, and everything else you totally disagree with that to not even take a minute to actually believe it could be true is to me ,very narrow minded.

i can't think of one person i know or have heard of that likes bible pushing people, i just can't. right or wrong, it's a turn off and i think it's because those kind of people will not even begin to see another side of something even if the evidence is just staring them in the face.

if somebody came up to you on the street and had a very special message from your daughter that nobody knew about.......what would you think then?

if i had gone to a psychic and they gave me a bunch of crap i would think they are worthless just like you do, but it wasn't that way, my son was there and telling me things that were very significant to me. thats why i believe and will never be swayed to change just because it was put down on some paper one day that it is wrong and it's the devil.

that is absolute bull.

have a nice day

bill

(T's dad)

• Members

To All,

As I read your posted messages back and forth to one another, what strikes me right between the eyes is the lack of appreciation shown to each person involved regardless of what ones believes or professes to believe.

Is it a part of our mission here to judge, criticize or condemn another just because someone does or does not believe in the Bible as the "Word of GOD"? Does anyone actually think that GOD, himself or the this Eternal Life Force really takes sides here whatever one's opinons may be on HIS or ITS existence? Of course not, and that's because HE or IT knows that we must find out for ourselves what is the right path to spiritual maturity while we are here. Again, these are just my own personal view points expressed!

For some of us it will be the "Word of GOD" and for others, it will be ADCs(afterdeath contacts) from departed loved ones, which I believe are allowed by our wonderful GOD to help us in our grief so that we will not lose sight of why we are here and what is really important in this life for each of us to learn and master. However you slice it, whether it be the "Word of GOD" or any other way of knowing of HIS or ITS existence and whether it be through the greatest example of what we should be, as in the life of Jesus or any other spiritually attuned prophet in history, the truth is evident that to be forgiving, loving, tolerant, accepting, compassionate, understanding, generous, and peaceful within are all attributes that allow us to find and know our CREATOR.

Remember, what we profess here is just our own personal belief and nothing more, and nor should we believe that it is any more important or filled with more truth than what anyone else might say for or against what we may believe. Also, if ww really believe in what we share with others here, then there need never come a time where we will ever have to defend what it is we believe in and that's because we will know in our heart that NOTHING anyone might say will ever change what we BELIEVE to be the truth about our GOD or CREATOR or whatever it is one may believe in. So, in this vein, let us welcome differing points of view knowing that we might just learn something new that will either strengthen our present beliefs or not, but also allow us to continue to show one another just how much we truly love and care about each other!! Isn't that part of the reason why we are here in the first place?

Always a friend,

SteveD.

• Members

hi steve. you are right. we all are not here to judge each other. that time will come soon enough. yes, we all have our own beliefs and as long as we are "comfortable" with them, then so be it. all the beliefs stress the importance of forgiveness, love, compassion, ect. they all have the same basis and we all need to remember that. it is easy sometimes to get caught up in a conversation/discussion and forget what the original point/topic was. i do think we are all here to help one another. we all share something similar that not everyone else is able to understand fully, and that is what makes this site so wonderful. i was under the impression that this particular area of the site was for FRIENDLY discussions about differences in beliefs....since it said "do you believe in reincarnation? life after death?" that to me means a personal belief/opinion. as i said in the beginning of my post dated nov 16 2004 "just for the sake of discussion". and also in the dec 1 2004 post "this is said for the sake of discussion". i am not out to say someone's beliefs are right or wrong. i do have some issues with people who PUSH their beliefs on others. that is something that i need to work on as far as learning to be more tolerant of things (in general). i worked with a guy for about 4yrs that pushed his religion on EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. we worked in a hospital and there were many patients who were offended. so i think that was the start of my issues with pushiness. anyway, you always seem to word things in such a way that i myself am not able to express properly. the things that you say many times are the things that i am thinking/feeling but can't put into the right words. thank you. i do enjoy coming to this group. i read all of the posts on all of the topics and i do learn alot. i respond when i feel i have something worth while to contribute. thank you for listening. heather

• Members

Steve D...

I believe that "Creator & God" are the same person, in the Bible He said "i go by many names, but in the end im the same person the one and only god"

I believe in my Traditional Ways, and My Christian Ways! the reason why i do, is because i was taught to believe in my Heritage and i do with all my heart no doubt about it.

But i also made the CHOICE to believe in the Christianity so im caught between Native American Beliefs/ Christian Beliefs

And im not wrong for believeing both... Because they're pretty much The same...

EXCEPT...

I dont believe God Created Heavens And (Earth) < (With Help From My Mother)...

I think of it as having sex.. LoL I know that sounds strange, but The mother was always here... God just need to give her Seeds to grow and creat what we live on now... Sand Soil... but he did make the Heavens on his own!

but thats what i believe!

• Members

:::Matthew2237smom:::

How could you not believe in Reincarnation?! I Believe in it very much so... does that make me brainwashed?! or a stupid Indian?! Everything on this Planet has a purpose in life... and I Believe our Purpose in life could be anything we want it to be. I could be helping out, or making this place better... And when we go to heaven we also have a choice... "to either go to heaven... go to hell... or choose to roam earth" AND I believe you have a choice to be reincarnated..

Take a simple butterfly or pet... Do you ever find yourself attached to something like you have a sense of feeling like you know it. (Animal... Or Whutever) it could be someone who left your life, and choose to be reincarnated to be something that can be close to you no matter what.

But thats what i believe... :D

JLS Mundaquance (Pretty Girl)

• Members

Food for thought, take it for what it's worth.

Mellen-Thomas Benedict is an artist who survived a near-death experience in1982.

Dr. Kenneth Ring has said, "His story is one of the most remarkable I have encountered in my extensive research on near-death experiences."

THROUGH THE LIGHT....THE ROAD TO DEATH

In 1982 I died from terminal cancer. My condition was non-operable. I chose not to have chemotherapy. I was given six to eight months to live. Before this time, I had become increasingly despondent over the nuclear crisis, the ecology crisis, and so forth. I came to believe that nature had made a mistake - that we were probably a cancerous organism on the planet. And that

is what eventually killed me. Before my death, I tried all sorts of

alternative healing methods. None helped.

So I determined that this was between me and God. I had never really considered God. Neither was I into any kind of spirituality, but my approaching death sent me on a quest for more information about spirituality and alternative healing. I read various religions and philosophies. They gave hope that there was something on the other side.

I had no medical insurance, so my life savings went overnight on

tests.Unwilling to drag my family into this, I determined to handle this myself. I ended up in hospice care and was blessed with an angel for my hospice caretaker, whom I will call "Anne." She stayed with me through all that was to follow. It lasted about eighteen months.

THE LIGHT OF GOD

I woke up about 4:30 am and I knew that this was it. I was going to die. I called a few friends and said good-bye. I woke up Anne and made her promise that my dead body would remain undisturbed for six hours, since I had read that all kinds of interesting things happen when you die. I went back to sleep.

The next thing I remember, I was fully aware and standing up. Yet my body as lying in the bed. I seemed to be surrounded by darkness, yet I could see every room in the house, and the roof, and even under the house.

A Light shone; I turned toward it, and was aware of its similarity to what others have described in near-death experiences. It was magnificent and tangible, alluring. I wanted to go towards that Light like I might want to go into my ideal mother's or father's arms. As I moved towards the Light, I knew that if I went into the Light, I would be dead. So I said/felt, "Please wait. I would like to talk to you before I go."

The entire experience halted. I discovered that I was in control of the entire experience. My request was honoured. I had conversations with the Light. That's the best way I can describe it. The Light changed into different figures, like Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, mandalas, archetypal images and signs. I asked in a kind of telepathy, "What is going on here?"

The information transmitted was that our beliefs shape the kind of feedback we receive: If you are a Buddhist or Catholic or Fundamentalist, you get a feedback loop of your own images. I became aware of a Higher Self matrix, a conduit to the Source. We all have a Higher Self, or an oversoul part of our being, a conduit. All Higher Selves are connected as one being, all humans are connected as one being. We are literally the same being.

It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It was like all the love you've ever wanted, and it was the kind of love that cures, heals, regenerates. I was ready to go at that time. I said "I am ready, take me."

Then the Light turned into the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen: a mandala of human souls on this planet. I saw that we are the most beautiful creations - elegant, exotic . . .everything. I just cannot say enough about how it changed my opinion of human beings in an instant.

I said/thought/felt, "Oh, God, I didn't realize." I was astonished to find that there was no evil in any soul. People may do terrible things out of ignorance and lack, but no soul is evil. What all people seek, what sustains them, is love, the Light told me. What distorts people is a lack of love.

The revelations went on and on. I asked, "Does this mean that humankind will be saved?" Like a trumpet blast with a shower of spiraling lights, the Light "spoke," saying, "You save, redeem and heal yourself. You always have and always will. You were created with the power to do so from before the beginning of the world."

In that instant I realized that WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN SAVED; this is what the "Second Coming" is about. I thanked the Light of God with all my heart. The best thing I could come up with was: "Oh dear God, dear Universe, dear Great Self, I love my Life."

The Light seemed to breathe me in even more deeply, absorbing me. I entered into another realm more profound than the last, and was aware of an enormous stream of Light, vast and full, deep. I asked what it was.

The Light answered, "This is the RIVER OF LIFE. Drink of this manna water to your heart's content." I drank deeply, in ecstasy.

THE VOID OF NOTHINGNESS

Suddenly I seemed to be rocketing away from the planet on this stream of life. I saw the earth fly away. The solar system, whizzed by and disappeared. I flew through the center of the galaxy, absorbing more knowledge as I went.

I learned that this galaxy, and all of the Universe, is bursting with many different varieties of life. I saw many worlds. We are not alone in this Universe.

It seemed as if all the creations in the Universe soared past me and vanished in a speck of Light. Almost immediately, a second Light appeared. As I passed into the second Light, I could perceive forever, beyond Infinity. I was in the Void, pre-Creation, the beginning of time, the first Word or vibration. I rested in the Eye of Creation and it seemed that I touched the Face of God. It was not a religious feeling. I was simply at One with Absolute Life and Consciousness.

It would take me years to assimilate the Void experience. It was less than nothing yet greater than anything. Creation is God exploring God's Self through every way imaginable. Through every piece of hair on your head, through every leaf on every tree, through every atom, God is exploring God's Self. I saw everything as the Self of all. God is here. That's what it is all about.

Everything is made of light; everything is alive. THE LIGHT OF LOVE. I rode the stream directly into the center of the Light. I felt embraced by the Light as it took me in with its breath again. And the truth was obvious that there is no death; that nothing is born and nothing dies; that we are immortal beings, part of a natural living system that recycles itself endlessly. I was never told that I had to come back. I just knew that I would. It was only natural,

from what I had seen.

As I began my return to the life cycle, it never crossed my mind, nor was I told, that I would return to the same body. It did not matter. I had complete trust in the Light and the Life process. As the stream merged with the great Light, I asked never to forget the revelations and the feelings of what I had learned on the other side.

I thought of myself as a human again and I was happy to be that. From what I have seen, I would be happy to be an atom in this universe. An atom. So to be the human part of God ... this is the most fantastic blessing. It is a blessing beyond our wildest estimation of what blessing can be. For each and every one of us to be the human part of this experience is awesome, and

magnificent. Each and every one of us, no matter where we are, screwed up or not, is a blessing to the planet, right where we are.

So I went through the reincarnation process expecting to be a baby somewhere. But I reincarnated back into this body. I was so surprised when I opened my eyes, to be back in this body, back in my room with someone looking over me, crying her eyes out. It was "Anne," my hospice caretaker.She had found me dead thirty minutes before.

We do not know how long I was dead, only that she found me thirty minutes before. She had honoured my wish to have my newly-dead body left alone. She can verify that I really was dead. It was not a near-death experience. I believe I probably experienced death itself for at least an hour and a half.

When I awakened and saw the light outside. Confused, I tried to get up to go to it, but I fell out of the bed. She heard a loud "clunk", ran in and found me on the floor. When I recovered, I was surprised and awed about what had happened, I had no memory at first of the experience. I kept slipping out of this world and

kept asking, "Am I alive?" This world seemed more like a dream than that one. Within three days, I was feeling normal again, clearer, yet different than ever before. My memories of the journey came back later. But from my return I could find nothing wrong with any human being I had ever seen.

Previous to my death I was judgmental, believing that people were really screwed up. Everyone but me. About three months later a friend said I should get tested for the cancer, so I got the scans and so forth. I felt healthy. I still remember the doctor at the clinic looking at the "before" and "after" scans. He said, "I can find no sign of cancer now."

"A miracle?" I asked.

"No," he answered. These things happen . . . spontaneous remission." He seemed unimpressed. But I was impressed, and knew it was a miracle.

LESSONS LEARNED

The Great Mystery of life has little to do with intelligence. The universe is not an intellectual process. The intellect is helpful; but our hearts are the wiser part of ourselves.

Since my return I have experienced the Light spontaneously, and I have learned how to get to that space almost any time in my meditation. You can also do this. You do not have to die first. You are wired for it already.

The body is the most magnificent Light being there is. The body is a universe of incredible Light. Spirit is not pushing us to dissolve this body. We don't need to commune with God; God is communing with us in every moment.

I asked God: "What is the best religion on the planet? Which one is right?"God said with great love: "I don't care." What an incredible grace. It does not matter what religion we are. Religions come and they go, they change.

Buddhism has not been here forever, Catholicism has not been here forever,and they are all about to become more enlightened. More light is coming into all systems now.

Many will resist and fight about it, one religion against the next,

believing that only they are right. When Godhead said, "I don't care," I understood that it is for us to care about, because we are the caring beings. The Source does not care if you are Protestant, Buddhist, or Jew. Each is a reflection, a facet of the whole. I wish that all religions would realize it and let each other be. It is not the end of separate religions,but live and let live. Each has a different view. And it all adds up to the big picture.

I went over to the other side with a lot of fears about toxic waste,

nuclear missiles, the population explosion, the rain forest. I came back loving every single problem. I love nuclear waste. I love the mushroom cloud; this is the holiest mandala that we have manifested to date, as an archetype.

More than any religion or philosophy on earth, that terrible, wonderful cloud brought us together all of a sudden, to a new level of consciousness.

Knowing that maybe we can blow up the planet fifty times, or 500 times, we finally realize that maybe we are all here together now. For a period they had to keep setting off more bombs to get it in to us.Then we started saying, "we do not need this any more." Now we are actually in a safer world than we have ever been in, and it is going to get safer. So I came back loving toxic waste, because it brought us together.

These things are so big. Clearing of the rain forest will slow down, and in fifty years there will be more trees on the planet than in a long time. If you are into ecology, go for it; you are that part of the system that is becoming aware. Go for it with all your might, but do not be depressed or disheartened. Earth is in the process of domesticating itself and we are cells on that Body.

Population increase is getting very close to the optimal range of energy to cause a shift in consciousness. That shift in consciousness will change politics, money, energy.

What happens when we dream? We are multi-dimensional beings. We can access that through lucid dreaming. In fact, this universe is God's dream. One of the things that I saw is that we humans are a speck on a planet that is a speck in a galaxy that is a speck. Those are giant systems out there, and we are in sort of an average system. But human beings are already legendary

throughout the cosmos of consciousness.

The little bitty human being of Earth/Gaia is legendary. One of the things that we are legendary for is dreaming. We are legendary dreamers. In fact, the whole cosmos has been looking for the meaning of life, the meaning of it all. And it was the little dreamer who came up with the best answer ever. We dreamed it up. So dreams are important.

After dying and coming back, I really respect life and death. In our DNA experiments we may have opened the door to a great secret. Soon we will be able to live as long as we want to live in this body. After living 150 years or so, there will be an intuitive soul sense that you will want to change channels. Living forever in one body is not as creative as reincarnation, as transferring energy in this fantastic vortex of energy that we are in. We are actually going to see the wisdom of life and death, and enjoy it. As it is now, we have already been alive forever.

Here's to life! Here's to death! Here's to it all!

• Members

Dear Mege73-

Thank you for that post. It supports all that I believe. I remember at my wedding we had the reading that speaks of how love is never judgemental and is always kind. I think your post speaks to that. Too often people use religion as a way to judge and to inflict their opinions on others. I believe that all religions are just a way to organize ideas and values so they can be followed en mass. As long as it is about love and not judegments.........that is what is important. Peace and love to you.

Coltin's mom 4 ever

• Members

Hi all –

I’m sure you’ve noticed that the message boards seem a little different. We’ve streamlined the message boards. We’ve unified the forum and thread names and tried to make things less confusing. I hope that it has made things easier for you.

We are considering adding new threads to the topics and would love to hear what you would like to be added. You can write me at julie@beyondindigo.com to share your thoughts and suggestions. I would love to hear from you.

I am also still looking for message board monitors. If you are interested, please let me know!

Take care,

Julie

• Members

Hello, I am new to this site, but have found it very easy to read and locate some answers to my questions.May I ask for some personal opinions about life, recarnation, and God. If someone doesn't believe in God, but does believe in reincarnation, can or will they still be reincarnated? Or, does the Devil get his due? Why does everything we do in life have to somehow come around to Him?

• Members

hello curious, welcome to the site. this is a truely wonderful place to share your feelings and emotions. it has helped me alot. in response to your post: you asked for PERSONAL opinions, so here are mine: i was raised a catholic. i still believe and follow the "basics", such as the 10 commandments. i do not go to church, but i will if the situation calls for me to be there. i have explored other spiritual avenues and found that i am more comfortable with those. i have been reading alot on the afterlife and how it is connected with the present time. (when i was growing up and in catholic school we were not taught of the afterlife.) i believe that everything that we do or say and everyone we come in contact with and our reactions to situations all contribute to what our "enternal life" will be like. i believe that when we pass, we are given a life review and we are made to fully understand/feel all the things that we did that were "mistakes" or hurtful. i believe that we need to learn from those actions and then we can move on to do other jobs. i believe that organized religions are good for us NOW because we need that NOW, in THIS LIFE. but i believe that in the next life it won't matter if you are catholic, methodist, lutheran, or baptist. what matters is how you conducted your life and actions. if your personal belief is that you believe in reincarnation, then so be it. i look at it this way, we all choose our paths in life........before we are born. if you are unable to complete your job now, you will be sent again to complete it, in what form, i do not know. life is a learning experience. i have 2 young girls and i learn so much from them everyday. i even learn from my dog........unconditional love, very important. your dog does not care if you have a job that pays alot or a little, the dog does not care if you are tall, short, heavy, thin, black or white. that dog (pet) shows unconditional love no matter what. my dad was not raised in a certain "religion". if anything he was brought up to belive that he did not need religion. will he go to heaven or hell.......i personally can not say, but i would like to believe he will go to a place of great joy and happiness for him. i would like to think that because of his good actions now, he will benefit later as well. but it is not for me to decide. i believe that the devil will enter your life only if you allow him to. we all have free will. so, i think i have said enough for now, and please remember that this is all MY PERSONAL OPINIONS because that is what was asked for us to share. thanks for listening and i do hope you are able to feel comfortable here at this site. heather

• Members

Thank you for providing me with some other insight to my question. Your answer really made me think through my question. I only wish more had responded. Thank you again.

• Members

Hi everyone --

Did you know if you click on the quote button on the bottom right corner of a member's post, you can add what they said into your post and comment on it?

Take Care,

Julie

• Members

Hi Heather and Curious:

I would love to see this discussion that you 2 have started continue. I think curious has asked the age old questions that many of us ask ourselves at some point in our lives. I'm sure that even the most faithful among us have times of doubt about the afterlife and even the existence and nature of God. I don't believe that God faults us for our doubts and fears, we're not perfect beings and he knows this. I really love forums like this where people are free to share their thoughts and beliefs.

Like Heather, I too was raised in the Catholic church. However, as an adult, I found that many of their doctrines just didn't fit into the belief system I was developing. I have joined different churches over the years, I guess I'm still searching. I agree with Heather though that what really matters is the way we conduct our lives. Are we loving and giving and compassionate, or are we selfish and uncaring? I am reading a book by Howard Storm called "My Descent into Death" about a near death experience that he had. During this experience he was able to ask many questions of Jesus and other spiritual guides or angels. One question he asked was "what is the best or true religion?" The answer he recieved was: "whichever one makes you feel closest to God". I think that really sums it up. We are here to learn with the mission of becoming more Godlike in our actions. There are many differnt paths and we won't all follow the same route. I don't believe there are any right or wrong ways as long as we act out of love. It saddens me to see all the violence in the world currently due to people's lack of understanding and intolerance for other's beliefs.I'm quite sure that God would not condone killing, no matter how justified we might feel in doing so.

My personal belief is like Heather's. I think that when we leave this world we will need to take a hard, close look at what we've done in this life. For those that have lived a life of greed or intolerance and hate, this will probably be quite painful. My feeling on reincarnation is that it may well be up to us to decide if we have learned and accomplished enough in this life or if we feel that we need to return to try again.

For myself, I just try to keep learning; reading on the subjects of the afterlife and reincarnation, listening to the ideas of others and accepting those things that feel right or "ring true" for me, rejecting what doesn't. We just need to do our best. Joy

• Members

hi there. i believe in past lives, because if a person was born in 1265 lets say and they lived their life and then died, if they did not complete their job or learn what they needed to learn in order to move on spiritually then they will need to come back in order to fullfill those things. they may have come back 4 times since then or they may have not come back yet.........who knows. there is no such thing as time on the other side. anything specific that you were asking or just past lives in general??? heather

• Members

I've always wondered. i thought it would be a good discussion, since I think I know who I was in a past life. Does anyone else think they were someone?

• Members

hi there. do you feel that your past life fits in or relates to who you are now or what you feel your role is now??? how do you know that you have a past life??? i have been to group readings where the medium has told people of their past lives. some have aggreed already knowing of that info and others were surprised by that info. i was never told of a past life for myself. that is not to say i don't have one, i'm just not aware of it. heather

• Members

Promise you won't make fun of me??????????

I think in my past life I was Edith Graham Mayo, the wife of one of the founders of the Mayo Clinic. She died on the same date and time I would be born sixty some years later. We look alike, and act alike. It's really creepy.

• Members

Write365: Personally, I'd love to hear more about your experience. I think most of us who visit this board are here because of our interest and curiosity on this subject, so don't be afraid of critism. How did you come to find out about Mrs. Mayo, and what characteristics do you share? Are you involved with the clinic in your current life?

To me, it just makes sense that some people with a vast knowledge or incredible talent in a particular area have carried that with them from a previous life.It could also explain unreasonable fears and phobias we may have.I think that

certain people may be part of our lives in order to work through relationship problems we may have had in a previous incarnation.

I read a book a few years ago called "Across Time and Death" by Jenny Cockell. It's a true story about a woman who from a young age who had what she thought were dreams but later realized were actual memories form a previous life in Ireland. She began recalling many details about her family and the village where she lived in that life.She actually drew a picture of the house she remembered living in. Eventually, with much research she was able to travel to that village and find her children who were now adults (older than her, of course!).This book just blew me away. It was also made into a TV movie I believe.

Another good book on this subject is "Many Lives, Many Masters" by Brian Weiss.It has a lot of stories about people recalling past lives through hypn0sis.

I'd like to here more about everyone's thoughts on this topic. Joy

• Members

That's cool! Yes, I did go to the Mayo Clinic. It was there that I got freaked out. My mom and I got totally lost, which is pretty easy to do in a complex that big. I stopped dead in my tracks and said, "Let's go that way." I'd never been in that part of the Clinic before, but I kept walking, and within five minutes found where we were trying to go, which was a part of the Plummer Building, one of the only buildings that was there when the Mayos were alive. It was like I'd been there before. And when we went into the museum in that same building, I could name people in pictures I'd never seen before. I started researching the Mayos, and kind of inadverdently homed in on Edith Graham Mayo. I looked so much like her that it was really creepy. It turns out that she had the same habits and interests as I do. She died July 26, 1943, at 6:45 at night. I was born on July 26, 1990, 6:30 at night. creepy, huh?

• Members

write365: What I think is cool is that you've taken such an interest in the spiritual nature of life and exploring topics like reincarnation at your young age.I say this because I have a daughter almost exactly your age (born 7/9/90)and I don't often see her researching anything that isn't a school requirement! I don't think there could be anything more fascinating to learn about than the human soul and why we're here and where we go after this lifetime.I read everything I can get my hands on about near death experiences, after death contacts, etc. My kids often tease me about reading "another one of THOSE books"! But I think my interest in those subjects has lit a spark of curiosity in them too, and we sometimes have good discussions about this.

The Mayo Clinic does a lot of good work, so I think its wonderful that there might be a connection there.Apparently Edith Graham Mayo was a nurse anesthetist, which was probably not a common field for a woman in her time. I know that you're still young, but i'm wondering if you you have felt any interest in exploring a career in the medical field? Joy

• Members

Yes, she was one of the first nurses. She married the younger Mayo, Charlie. And Yes, I have considered going into the medical field. But I don't think I could handle the mental and physical stress of the job. Losing a patient would take me weeks to recover from, and in that space I could lose five. I do, however, want to be a writer. I've already been published in one international magazine, and I'm working on a novel.

And Joy,I am a compulsive researcher. When some happens or someone dies, I research their ailment or injury. I rock at factual debates and research papers!

• Members

Do you sincerely want to hear our stories, or is this some way to get us grieving people on a show like Doctor Phil or Dateline? Because I have a story, but I'm not going to tell it if this is a way to get us on a show.

Ashley

• Members

Write,

There shouldn't be anyone here trying to get someone on a t.v. show. These boards are for grieving people to share.

Take care,

Julie

• Members

I did not intend for my post to anger anyone. I do work for a TV show, a very reputable one, and we are putting together a show on Heaven. It's to educate and help people, and I appologize if anyone felt offended by my post. I want to hear stories about how people's beliefs in heaven affect their daily lives and if people expect to meet loved ones there one day. We would never feature anyone who is not willing.

• Members

I'm sorry I replied too hastily. I've been on forums like this where someone came on and took advantage of people. It was a Primary Immune Deficiency site, and the person was soliciting an immune "cure all" and people got really sick from taking it. I wanted to make sure that no one was going to take advantage of these people who are healing from the loss of a loved one. I was a bit offened, but I aplogize.

Ashley

• Members

It's been a long time since I've been on this message board. Thought I'd come back and see how everyone's doing.

Yes, I know of 4 past lives so far. I was having "dreams" about them in the past, vivid almost lifelike dreams, which really had me worried if I was going nutso. I finally went to a past life reader who verified all three of them plus 2 more. (The three I knew about were a life as a man aboard a merchant clipper ship who left his wife and kids to go to sea, a life in the old west as a young mother who was killed by white renegades who set the cabin on fire and my baby and I died in the cabin, and a life as an Indian medicine man in either southern Canada or northwest US.) All I did was tell her my first name and date of birth, she did the rest. I was shocked at the confirmations of what I "saw". I do believe that our souls return to earth to learn lessons we haven't learned yet or haven't learned well enough yet. Yes, I do believe God recycles souls for His own purposes.

Has anyone else had confirmations of past lives?

• Members

I haven't had confirmation of mine, but if you'll scroll down you'll see that several people think they have had past lives, myself included. I live in a rural area, and there aren't very many places like that. It's really cool that you know what you were, and they--at the risk of sounding dumb--sound like really interesting lives!!

ashley

• Members

I think I have had some past lives. I know for sure that I lived in Ireland, in the 1700's. I beleive I was a young girl that was trampled by a horse. I have bits and pieces of my other lives but I can't be sure. I know that I was with my family before but we were in different roles. I have always know that they have traveled this road with me before. I would love to be regressed to have some of my questions answered.

Coltinsmom

• Members
butterfly10954

I was raised Catholic, so was taught that there was no reincarnation. But as Ihave grown spiritually, I have come to believe it is possible. There is a book "Many Lives, Many Masters" By Brian Weiss, M.D. which I am reading right now that talks about just that.

So the jury is still out here for me on that one, I am just not sure, but anything is possible.

• Members

i got a call at work to come home immediately, my husband was slipping away. i

drove fast for 15 minutes to get almost home--then i stopped and slowed down-i knew he had died. i had 10 more minutes to drive home--but the most peaceful calming feeling can over me, i knew my dear love had died. i knew i could drive slower to get there because he was with god's spirit. even though i walked in th house and his dead body was there--no breathing, no warm --he was gone.it was a shell -it was not the soul of his body. i felt the soul of his body leave that day as i was trying to get home. when i got home i touched him and cried but not because the body was dead--but because i wanted to be with the soul,the spirit , the love i knew.

• Members

Our inner most being is pure eternal consciousness identical to God just as a drop of water is to the ocean. It has three bodies until it detaches from the physical at so called death. The first covering is the casual body which contains that seeds of karma that follow us around from life to life, it is the body you experience in deep sleep. Covering this is the subtle body or astral body which is the feeling body which you withdraw into during sleep in the dream state. Then there is the physical which you take up residence in upon your first inhalation and exit during your last exhalation. My article my be of some help in this regard.

http://www.innerlinktraining.com/artAncientWisdom1.html

• Members
annmay142005

Had I not believed in the continuation of the soul when my only child died, I don't think I could go on. I understand and accept that we are not " a human living with a soul, but a soul living in a human body".

• Members

Annmay142005, I'm sorry you have lost your child. My belief that my Stacey is in Heaven gives my heart peace. Your perception on humanity is so clear and accurate. Rest in your hope, and I'll keep you in prayer. Please visit again, and write as often as you wish. Mark.

Stacey, Dad loves you.

• Members

hi everyone

if you are interested in reading a great book about reincarnation, i have one for you.

it's called "old souls"

it's a documentary about a scientist, dr. stevenson, he has accumulated about three thousand cases of children at a very early age(sometimes two years old) that know very specific facts about a past life, and have found out who the past life person was and went to their home and recognized family members of the deceased person.

there is a newspaper reporter narrating the book and is very skeptical about it all but in the end he is just overwhelmed with all the data.

i thought it was a great book, it really lets you know just whats going on in this world.

and as so many of you have said before, if we didn't believe that our lost loved ones were "somewhere" we would not be able to carry on,

good reading

bill (t's dad)

• Members
Annmay142005, I'm sorry you have lost your child. My belief that my Stacey is in Heaven gives my heart peace. Your perception on humanity is so clear and accurate. Rest in your hope, and I'll keep you in prayer. Please visit again, and write as often as you wish. Mark.

Stacey, Dad loves you.

• Members

I lost a son 2 yrs. ago in august 2003, he died of AIDS after a 2 yr. battle. I still grieve for him so much and love and miss him. He was 29 yrs. old. I was told by one of my other sons that with in 2 days he would come into my dream and let me know he was okay. I thought how could my son know this, well 2 days later I had this dream and in the dream my son John( who passed away) was on a bed dressed in his favorite cap and his jeans etc. he was looking straight ahead and I was leaning on the right side of the bed and I told him how much I loved him and how I would always love him. He then turn to me with the most peaceful smile I've ever seen and said to me it's a great big beautiful day in heaven today mom, and then I woke up. It gave me some peace but it was a terrible loss. Michelle,

• Members

My question is- if we have past lives and future lives- then how will our children be there waiting for us when our time comes? How can I be Griffins Mom forever and all eternity if he reincarnates? I really do not understand this concept- and what became of "Griffins other moms" who mourned the loss of him before me? I just can't imagine Griffin being someone elses son- the concept jusy gives me more grief. I'm trying to go with Griffin being with me for all eternity- along with his other activities- how can he reincarnate and leave me AGAIN? Any answers out there?

Griffin-Schwartz.memory-of.com

Peace to all of us.

• Members

griffinsmom,

Good question! This has also bothered me immensely, too! Unfortunately, I've heard TWO different answers to this question, so don't know if anyone really knows for certain which way it goes, or can go.

The first is that, because the concept of time is meaningless on that other plane, you can actually live concurrent, separate lives all at once, which would take care of that problem.

The second is that you don't, ( or maybe don't choose to? )so a loved one would just have to 'wait' until you were done your reincarnated life, BUT, again because time doesn't operate lineally ( if indeed it exists really at all )on the other plane, it may only seem like a few seconds or minutes ( maybe we have a choice as to how long anything seems? )of waiting, when to the one still on earth, it was decades, or longer.

I had one communicator tell me that my furboy said he would just KNOW when I was coming, and even IF he'd reincarnated in the meantime, he'd "find a way" to come back Home in order to be there to meet me.

I'd ALSO be interested in hearing anyone else's opinions, or actual KNOWLEDGE of how this really works, but if it's claimed as knowledge, I'd also want to know EXACTLY HOW they KNOW for certain.

• Members

Hi there - I'm a bit new as a user of the site. But I've done a bit of reading on this. I've been researching ADC's quite a bit and have become intersted about reincarnation because of what I've read. I certainly don't claim to know all of the answers, but check out Brian L. Weiss MD - he has written a couple of books on this. One of the best known ones is called Many Lives, Many Masters. The name doesn't reveal that much of what it is about, and please draw your own conclusions. But what I took away from it for my own understanding and use is that the souls aren't always the same roles for each other across lifetimes. That we as souls frequently stick together across lifetimes, but that my mother may not have been my mother in a preivous life - she could have very well been my sister for example, etc. The info in the Weiss books is less focused on the roles as we know them now in this life and more about the connections we keep between kindred souls across lives. Not sure if this is helpful, but I was checking out this message board and thought "hey, I've read some really good stuff on that exact topic!" and I wanted to share it up to you as a really good resource to consider. Weiss is a MD Psychiatrist who in his early practice years ago happened across patients recalling past lives during hypnosis - which after reading a bit on this (I love reading up on this stuff) is actually not all that uncommon in the practice of hypnosis. Just not all hypnotherapists want to or can deal with it. Weiss specializes in it. All the best to you- e

• Members
markarmstrong

There is a great new book out on reincarnation and life after death

called ;

\\\'Easydeath\\\' www.easydeathbook.com.

It is written by the Divine World Teacher Avatar Adi Da Samraj who

has personal experience of all of the after-death states as he has transcended

all of the states of conditional existence.

Adi Da is the living Incarnation of God and has established a unique,and profound body of literature on every aspect of sprituality.

There are presentations being given at the beginning of December,in the UK and USA.Information can be found at www.easydeathbook.com

More information can be found at www.adidam.org and www.beezone.com

• Members

TO Griffins Mommy

I don't know about all this reincarnation stuff... but I think that a part of our souls always live in heaven with God.... We may travel about and do many things.. Come here... or heck... go to africa.. I dont know...

I just know that what makes us spiritual beings is mystical and awesome... we won't know the answers until it's time for us to know them...

Dont worry about finding your baby. You'll always know him no matter where he is or what he's doing. God's universe is huge... but his love for us keeps us close to him and the ones we love.

Archived