Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

4 weeks

Daffodilfun

• Members
Daffodilfun

It is unreal that mom passed away 4 weeks ago. I still feel the need to go the the care center twice a day to feed her, care for her and help her if she was scared. When I wake in the morning I hate to get up. I have to get up because of my dog, Bailey. Thank God for her. I see the hospital chaplain today to talk over my feelings. I am so lost. 4 weeks. I just saw her die yesterday, right?

• Members

I am sorry you are feeling so lost. It has been 3 months for me and I still want to ask my mom something, then I remember I can't. It still feels like yesterday to me. Everything is still so vivid and probably will be for a long time. I am glad you have your dog Bailey. It is amazing how they can cheer you up. Our cat used to do that but we had to put him down a month ago. That was devastating too. I really found talking about my mom and everything that happened very helpful. So talking to the chaplain is a good idea. I hope it helps. You are in my thoughts.

• Members
Daffodilfun

I am sorry about your cat. I know what a heartache that can be. When I lost my dog Randy I said I would never have another dog. Well, 2 months later I adopted Bailey and she has now been with for over a year. Have you considered getting another cat? Like you said, they are amazing. Thanks for caring. Take care.

I am sorry you are feeling so lost. It has been 3 months for me and I still want to ask my mom something, then I remember I can't. It still feels like yesterday to me. Everything is still so vivid and probably will be for a long time. I am glad you have your dog Bailey. It is amazing how they can cheer you up. Our cat used to do that but we had to put him down a month ago. That was devastating too. I really found talking about my mom and everything that happened very helpful. So talking to the chaplain is a good idea. I hope it helps. You are in my thoughts.

• Members

It's been a little over 9 weeks for me and I also feel like it was just yesterday. I have to go on as I have 2 small children who need me but some days I just wish I could stay in bed and sleep. It seems to be the only time I don't think about my Mom being gone. I want to call her all the time I have no idea when that will stop. My Dad and I now go to a support group at my Mom's church. It helps so much. It's currently on break but starts up again in a month. I am sure talking to the Chaplin will help. HUGS to you!

It is unreal that mom passed away 4 weeks ago. I still feel the need to go the the care center twice a day to feed her, care for her and help her if she was scared. When I wake in the morning I hate to get up. I have to get up because of my dog, Bailey. Thank God for her. I see the hospital chaplain today to talk over my feelings. I am so lost. 4 weeks. I just saw her die yesterday, right?

• Members

No we wont get another cat. Right now I have my mom's cat and he's 17 years old. His age is showing and it is going to be hard when he passes. We did have a scare about 3 weeks after my mom passed and my son was so upset and said the cat was the last thing we have left of my mom. My mom's cat has adapted so well it is amazing. My mom would be shocked. But yeah pets can really perk up your spirits when you are feeling down. Such unconditional love. I am glad you have Bailey. They are great listeners too so talk to her about your mom.

I am sorry about your cat. I know what a heartache that can be. When I lost my dog Randy I said I would never have another dog. Well, 2 months later I adopted Bailey and she has now been with for over a year. Have you considered getting another cat? Like you said, they are amazing. Thanks for caring. Take care.

• Members

I know about feeling the need to go to the care center, i still think about going. yes sleeping more is common for awhile. Prayers are with you during this difficult time.

I go to a bible study and started seeing a therapist. Lets see if it helps. Will go for a little while.

Archived