Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

mom

debbie8800

• Members

I just got home today and its such a beautiful. I just am in my bedroom and looked up and saw moms picture and started crying. I miss her so. My heart is broken and i hope i can one day be happy again but for now its hard...I remember her so well and miss her so.

Because i am the only one i feel it more and feel isolated. I am ok most of the time, but the fact is i needed her and miss her presence. Its a horrible thing to go through. In my case the nursing home was at fault for not letting her come home. She caught mrsa in the nursing home and i cannot get over this. I know she could still have been here but she was 87 and i have to accept it.

I will always miss her and my heart is not the same, I actually am seeing a cardiologist now. Its so true, stress and the loss of a loved one does a number on your system...I looked up to my mother she was way more stable than i am. Always lived in the same place, etc.

I almost need to go down to florida sometime soon to enjoy myself. I am living near NY and getting a medical procedure done, etc. My heart feels so empty of love without her, how can one live like this? No one to be with and love.

• Members

Hi Debbie,

I hope your procedure goes great for you. After you recover from it, why don't you go ahead and go down to Florida for a break? Do you plan on driving? Have you considered signing up for one of those tour packages? That way, you wouldn't be going alone, and you'd meet people who may be experiencing just what you are-a recent loss and loneliness.

ModKonnie

• Members
Daffodilfun

I am alone also. I have three brothers, but they all have families. I feel somedays I want to be alone forever, not letting anyone into my life. I have to remind myself that I have wonderful friends and they want to help. If it wasn't for my dog Bailey I would go nuts. Remember, you are not alone. We are here for you. Take care.

Archived