Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

22 years

Daffodilfun

• Members
Daffodilfun

I lost my best friend and mom 3 weeks ago. I had lived with her for 22 years. The last 2 plus years she had been in a memory care facility with Alzheimer’s. The last month she didn’t know me at all. Before that she would call me by name. She went to the hospital on a Sunday. She had cancer throughout her lung. She died the next morning. The last word she said was my name.

Yesterday I was in the emergency with a full blown anxiety attack. I don’t think I will ever get over this. All I do now is cry. I hurt all the time. I pray to God, but I still hurt all the time. I can’t think.

I have been unemployed for the last 2 plus years. I am sure that time was so I could take care of mom. My savings is about to run out and there are no jobs in this area.

I miss my mom so much.

Oh please help me. I think I am going to go crazy!

• Members

Here it is: Ok, this just happened, i am so sorry. You are going to feel alot of pain for a while. I was freaked out for about 5 or 6 weeks, crying everyday. My mom was my best friend also. My mom was the best in the world to me. I know how you feel.

My mom passed 4 months ago and i was in a daze for weeks. My mom also was in a nursing home and i feel guilty for coming back to this state. It was hard taking care of my mom at home, but i had brought her to Calif for the last six months and i came to the nursing home in my cap and gown after receiving a B.A. in sociology, then we drove back east and that is where the problem started.

About you, please write on here, its just been kind of quiet lately and no one knew you i guess. We know you now. I am an only child and feel alot of pain and miss my mom so much its not funny so your not alone.

Talk to you soon, my dear... Take care of yourself as best you can, grieving is natural and normal when we lose someone we love very much. I feel your pain and i share your pain. Debbie

Archived