Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

He isn't gone, but he is sick and I'm so worried.

Teacup

• Members

My cousin, whose 50th birthday we were supposed to celebrate this upcoming weekend, is in intensive care with double pneumonia and a staph infection. Almost a year ago, this month on the 28th exactly, my father lost his battle with the flu/pneumonia. We took him off of life support because his body was so, so far gone. It was a horrible, horrible experience being trapped in a room at 21 years old discussing the fate of my fathers life when I still needed him.

Now my cousin who has down's is going through something similar, I only hope it isn't some rare virus like my father had. Am I worrying too much? My mother and grandmother of course look back on what my father went through, so they have the same fears as me. Coupled with the 1st anniversary of my father's passing coming closer and closer, and the fact that my cousin's birthday will have to be spent in a hospital instead of the nice dinner we all planned for him, is so heartbreaking for me.

I wouldn't say I'm having an episode of grief (yet), rather intense worry mixed with feelings and memories of the pain my family went through last year. I just don't know what to do, I wish I went to the hospital with my grandmother today to see for myself how he is doing, I hope he's not a respirator.

• Members

Teacup,

I'm sorry to hear about losing your father and now your cousin being so sick. I totally understand your fear and I hope he gets better. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Sending hugs your way ...

Kali

My cousin, whose 50th birthday we were supposed to celebrate this upcoming weekend, is in intensive care with double pneumonia and a staph infection. Almost a year ago, this month on the 28th exactly, my father lost his battle with the flu/pneumonia. We took him off of life support because his body was so, so far gone. It was a horrible, horrible experience being trapped in a room at 21 years old discussing the fate of my fathers life when I still needed him.

Now my cousin who has down's is going through something similar, I only hope it isn't some rare virus like my father had. Am I worrying too much? My mother and grandmother of course look back on what my father went through, so they have the same fears as me. Coupled with the 1st anniversary of my father's passing coming closer and closer, and the fact that my cousin's birthday will have to be spent in a hospital instead of the nice dinner we all planned for him, is so heartbreaking for me.

I wouldn't say I'm having an episode of grief (yet), rather intense worry mixed with feelings and memories of the pain my family went through last year. I just don't know what to do, I wish I went to the hospital with my grandmother today to see for myself how he is doing, I hope he's not a respirator.

Archived