Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

does it ever stop

piggiv

• Members

I lost my mother over 5 years ago, suddenly due to a massive heart attack. I didn't get to say good-bye or anything. She was my everything and I miss her so much I don't know what to do with myself. Does the pain ever stop?

• Members

As you know after 5 years, the pain is less than it was itintially but you always miss that person. I notice if i move or something changes or something negative happens you miss that person very very much. I lost my mom 4 months ago and it has been a nightmare. I had to see a therapist today. When i get home at night its hard.

Prayers for you, come here and write when you need to.

• Members

Does the pain ever stop?

No it doesn't. It dulls over time, but it will always hurt....and that's okay. Your grief is your own and it can be an unwanted guest who seems to never leave. There are so many factors for each person who lost a mom or dad, I hate when people give me advise, so I won't try to. However, the thing I do, is not fight the grief. When it comes, it comes. When those feeling ebb, they go. When the sad and pain visit, I don't try to push them out and tell myself to "go do something" or to "get busy". I just let it flow.....

Keep us posted...

Aaron B

Archived