Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

church

debbie8800

• Members

It was so strange i was in the library tonight and i was chatting with someone who asked me to join their bible class tonight. We were singing in the church then talking about the bible. It was wonderful so were the people but when i got home i felt like the pain again.

I will speak to a therapist next tuesday see if it helps any. I just want to get through the next few months and then take it from there. One step at a time. Church, the gym, keeping busy and i know my online program is very isolating compared to being on campus like i was in calif, so i need to get out and socialize in other areas.

Hope everyone is doing better and praying for us all.

• Members

Hi Debbie,

I'm glad that you felt such relief when visiting a church. Being around people certainly makes grieving easier. Loneliness is perhaps one of the greatest challenges faced by those of us who have lost a loved one. The Bible actually describes a true friend as one "born for when there is distress". (Proverbs 17:17) Associating with others can be a bridge that helps you to cross over from grief to acceptance. God-fearing friends can render important assistance to those who are distressed, they might visit you and you never know, they might become very good friends of yours.

Since ancient, people have gathered together to worship and learn about God. Almost 3,500 years ago, the Israelites were told: "Congregate the people, the men and the women and the little ones...in order that they may listen and in order that they may learn, as they must fear Jehovah your God and take care to carry out all the words of this law." (Deuteronomy 31:12) Gathering with like minded individuals who appreciate, understand, and apply Bible principles will allow for an "interchange of encouragement" as Romans 1:12 says by means of upbuilding conversations.

Let us know how everything works out Debbie.

Kind Regards,

Ada

Archived