Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

WE ARE A FAMILY

Jeff's Mom

• Members

Susannah and Heydaddy...this has gone way too far. We need to make peace for the sake of the others here. The air has been cleared. Come on you guys....let's move forward together. Please do post and know that others understand your loss. Again, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious children. Come on back. Don't be silly. Your decision?

Kate

• Members

Susannah and Heydaddy...this has gone way too far. We need to make peace for the sake of the others here. The air has been cleared. Come on you guys....let's move forward together. Please do post and know that others understand your loss. Again, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious children. Come on back. Don't be silly. Your decision?

Kate

Well spoken Kate. One thing that happens here is that even when many say they are leaving, you will be surprised to know that while they don't post, they do read. You might see them logged on when you post.

I think there has been a calming of the waters so to speak. A effort to acknowledge the rift and seek to repair and heal has been evident on the thread. I too hope they come back. This really is a family and well all know that families can be dysfunctional at times but they remain family. B)

• Members

Kate,

You are right, we are one big family. And it is true that while sometimes people take breaks from posting, they do come and read others' posts. Many people only come here and read and never reach out to tell their own stories, but that's okay because we are here for them.

Sometimes, people take breaks and step back for awhile. Hey Daddy and Susannah are apart of our community whether or not they are verbally sharing. We will be here for them when or if they are ready to talk again.

Thanks for caring,

ModKonnie

• Members

Yes Kate. I agree. I miss all of our members posting. I miss Susannah's spunky spirit and insightful, articulate posts, as well as Heydaddy's jokes and practical viewpoint. Quite often they would bring a brightness to a cloudy day with their liveliness. I wish they BOTH would return, as they are missed.

~~Maddy

• Members

Thanks Maddy, I agree completely. I have learned one valuable lesson in my son's death. Life is short. Way too short for some. Make each day count. Every moment is a true blessing. Our kids would want us to carry on and be happy. After a period of time they definitely would want us to take steps forward. I know we all go at our own pace...and it has to be that way. But we have to be very strong and sometimes hard on ourselves to get to that point of finding a new beginning. I know that I have said this many times before...but I can honestly not think of any scenario in life that is harder to deal with. It defies the natural order of things.

I picked up the paper today and saw a friend of many years ago has passed away from cancer this weekend. It caught me off guard to see her picture in the paper. But wow...what a wake up call. As I was settling in for a week of feeling very sorry for myself it came at me and like a gust of cold air it forced me into acknowledging how precious our days are. Too precious to waste in misery. So, I'm off to run errands and get that fresh air. With any luck I will stop to chat to someone who will help me to forget my heartache for a bit. One step at a time. One day at a time.

Hope you guys come back. :) You are missed.

Archived