As I love her forever.

But, tell me now,

What am I supposed to do,

With this wish for a grand-son,

Who is the image of you?

We had troubles, God knows,

Some times were quite bad,

I'd take them back in a minute,

To put gladness back where now it's just sad.

Can I let go of the good times,

That should include you,

Like weddings, concerts, holidays,

And a Birthday or two?

The piano keys that once danced,

Under your fingers with grace,

Are now silenced and dulled,

By tears streaming down my face.

The songs left unwritten.

Haunting melodies with no voice.

No G Majors or E Minors,

This was never a choice.

We would always laugh,

At your long-standing promise,

That you'd buy me a big house,

When you got all famous.

To hear your sweet music,

My heart longs for the day,

I didn't need to click a button,

On the PC that says "Play".

Will you come in my dreams?

Will I see your sweet face?

Will I ever hear the music,

Before leaving this place?

The grief experts all claim,

That I must say "Good-bye".

NO! I'll say "Hey, Son, how are ya?

"On the day that I die.

Dear Sean, I wasn't done,

Having you for a son.

Dear Sean, I'll never be done,

Being your loving Mom.

• Members

Sean's Mom - Beautiful poem! How wonderful your boy looks in the pictures you post!

I'm not sure we've met since there have been so many new parents here, I've been most

confused. My name is Shelly and I lost my beautiful daughter Sarah on August 18, 2010

from leukemia. I don't post much...mostly read...but I wanted you to know I'm so sorry for

the loss of your Sean. Life will never be the same for us, but I'm glad we have a place to

express our sorrow and heartache...this website. My prayers to you. Shelly

• Members
davincidanes

Thank you so much, Shelly. This is just so darned hard. These words started coming today as I was dusting his piano and started crying. Today marks 8 weeks since his loss due to drugs & alcohol abuse. I miss him so much.

So sorry that you are here because of the loss of your daughter, but I'm very honored to meet you. Thanks again for the kind words. ~Linda

• Members

Linda, That was incredibly beautiful. Your son was not the only one in the family with talent. I loved the opening line.....I wasn't done........I connected immediately with what you were saying the moment I heard that. I am so very sorry for your loss. He was so very gifted and talented. Thank you for sharing your poem.

Maddy

• Members

I wasn't done,

Having you for a son.

No, I wasn't done,

With being your loving Mom.

I think of your smile,

And the silly things that you'd do.

Each of my heartbeats is a drum beat,

Remembered of you.

I'll cherish your lasting gift,

Of a beautiful blond daughter.

I promise that she'll know you,

As I love her forever.

But, tell me now,

What am I supposed to do,

With this wish for a grand-son,

Who is the image of you?

We had troubles, God knows,

Some times were quite bad,

I'd take them back in a minute,

To put gladness back where now it's just sad.

Can I let go of the good times,

That should include you,

Like weddings, concerts, holidays,

And a Birthday or two?

The piano keys that once danced,

Under your fingers with grace,

Are now silenced and dulled,

By tears streaming down my face.

The songs left unwritten.

Haunting melodies with no voice.

No G Majors or E Minors,

This was never a choice.

We would always laugh,

At your long-standing promise,

That you'd buy me a big house,

When you got all famous.

To hear your sweet music,

My heart longs for the day,

I didn't need to click a button,

On the PC that says "Play".

Will you come in my dreams?

Will I see your sweet face?

Will I ever hear the music,

Before leaving this place?

The grief experts all claim,

That I must say "Good-bye".

NO! I'll say "Hey, Son, how are ya?

"On the day that I die.

Dear Sean, I wasn't done,

Having you for a son.

Dear Sean, I'll never be done,

Being your loving Mom.

Lovely

• Members
davincidanes

Thank you all. Is there some sort of trigger or something that sets in at the 8 week/2 month mark after loss? I'm so horribly sad I can't stand it.

I've been listening to Sean's music all morning and crying my eyes out. Thank you all for being here.

Here's a little Boogie Woogie Improv on the piano....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hnXKmL4az9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Members
1330700549' post='84792']

Thank you all. Is there some sort of trigger or something that sets in at the 8 week/2 month mark after loss? I'm so horribly sad I can't stand it.

I've been listening to Sean's music all morning and crying my eyes out. Thank you all for being here.

Here's a little Boogie Woogie Improv on the piano....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.c...bed/hnXKmL4az9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Linda,That was amazing. His piano playing is so awesome. Had he ever been to New Orleans? That kind of music was so popular there, as I am from there.I do not know about the early marks, I was in a painful fog. That is all I can remember. I am so sorry you are hurting so much today. {{hugs}} I know it hurts. I wish I could remove your pain and do something for you. I know how much you miss him. The beginning is vey hard for all of us.Love,Maddy

• Members
davincidanes

Linda,That was amazing. His piano playing is so awesome. Had he ever been to New Orleans? That kind of music was so popular there, as I am from there.I do not know about the early marks, I was in a painful fog. That is all I can remember. I am so sorry you are hurting so much today. {{hugs}} I know it hurts. I wish I could remove your pain and do something for you. I know how much you miss him. The beginning is vey hard for all of us.Love,Maddy

Thank you, Maddy. It just seems like maybe the whole undo-able reality of it all is beginning to sink in. It just hurts so much. No, Sean never performed in New Orleans, but he did live in Las Vegas for several years where he performed there and southern CA regularly. He's always been attracted to jazz type music, his drumming being highly influenced by Buddy Rich, even though his dad is a Rock & Roller that he was brought up on, as well as Classical piano for which he had 10 years of lessons. He played piano, drums, guitar and sang. If you like, if you have a little time on your hands, you can search Sean DeVincent on YouTube or Google him and you will find dozens of videos and websites devoted to his music. His most recent interest was Christian Rock and he has some of those songs here. The song "You're All I Need" was the latest that he wrote, having performed all of the instruments and doing all of the production. It's really good - should be a Christian Rock hit, but I know I'm biased. I miss him and his gifts of musical talent so much!

http://www.reverbnation.com/page_object/page_object_fans/artist_1813060#!/seandevincentmusic

Again, thank you!

• Members

Linda - The videos of your son are wonderful. You are so very fortunate to have them. My Shannon could sing beautifully, but was too self-conscious to let me record her. I so wish that I could hear her sweet voice singing again. She sang all the time...in her room, in the shower, while she was cooking....always singing. My father passed away many years ago, back when I was much younger. He also wrote songs, played piano and guitar, and I've been told he had an incredible tenor voice. Back then there was no sound when videoing, so his voice is lost to me. Wish too that I could hear his beautiful music and singing. Thank you for sharing this with us. (((HUGS))) to you as you try to make your way through this darkness.

• Members
davincidanes

Thank you so much Susan. I'm blessed to have these video and audio recordings to forever hear my wonderful son when I need to. Hugs to you.

Archived