Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

young, both parents and all grandparents gone.. way too soon!

whatsinaname

• Members

My friend moved out to Canada in 2003 to be with her now ex-partner. In those 9 years she only made it back to her home in Scotland twice. In July 2011 she was advised that her mother in Scotland (59) had been diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer, the silent killer. Having lost her dad (56) 10 years ago she fought very hard to be able to go back to Scotland with her two young children to say goodbye to her mother, her only living parent and her best friend. My friend arrived 24 hours before her mother died. A week after her mothers funeral she was advised her only living grandparent had been diagnosed with advanced throat cancer. Having to leave to go back to Canada was heartwrenching as she knew it was the last time she would be seeing her grandmother. Her grandmother passed away a couple of weeks ago leaving just her 3 sisters (39,32,29) and her brother (22). She sent this song to them which speaks of her longing to be with them in her homeland and of the loss she feels for those departed. Please have a listen.. while not studio quality it is very heartfelt.

I hope it touches you too.

Thinking of all those coping with loss!

Archived