Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My beautiful mom...

sweet n low

• Members
sweet n low

Passed away yesterday at 9:04am. 

They tried to resuscitate her for an hour.

She had fallen ill to myostenia gravis very fast this year, it was like she was only out of the hospital for such a short time these past 12 months.

My heart is broken for my dad, they were together for 48 years. I lost a partner and my best friend nine months ago, my mom adored him. My puppy passed 12 months ago. Three huge losses in my life that werent meant to happen in SUCH a short time and the waves of numbness followed by tears are frequent.

I miss my mother. Last thing she said to me was that she loved me and that I was strong, that was the night before. 

(I love you mom)

Thanks for listening 

• Members

Hi Sweet n Low,

I am so sorry for all of the losses you have experienced so recently and so close together. That is a lot to bear. I hope you and your dad have other family/friends to lean on at this time.  

Feeling numb is a natural response to trauma and it's our body's way of protecting itself.  I would suggest a grief counsellor if you are able to or a support group for multiple losses. Maybe you and your dad could go to a support group together at some point? 

Your mom truly loved you and hold on to those words. Our moms sometimes know us better than we know ourselves. 

Thinking of you and sending healing thoughts. 

Traz