Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss my son

Alison Joy

• Members

I lost my 27 year old son on March 28, 2023. He passed away in a tragic car accident. I am struggling with so many things. If one more person tells me god has a plan. I’m going to go crazy. What possible plan could god have for a 27 year old, who hasn’t lived a long life.

• Like 1

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Alison, I’m so sorry to hear of the tragic loss of your son.  I lost my daughter 12 years ago and I know that sadness and pain that fills your heart.  I couldn’t agree with you more about people saying ,god has a plan, or they are in a better place.  I’m sure they would t feel that way had it have been thier child.  People can really say some insensitive things, although probably not thier intention.  Your grief is so fresh and raw right now. Do you have any loss of child groups you could join in your area.  It really does help to know there are others in the same situation as yours.  We are members of a club that we never, ever wanted or thought we would ever be a part of.  I wish I could press the fast forward button to bring you to a day where there will be light, hope and happiness in your life again…..of course we carry our kids with us wherever we go in life.  If you want someone to chat with please know I will always be here for you ..one grieving mother to another.  Luanne 

• Members

Dear Alison,    Your poor boy, I am so sorry that this has happened to your family - you will be in great pain.

Luanne is very kind and has helped me a lot with her wisdom  - my name is Roz and I lost my own adult son , David, six years ago.   I post on ‘Loss of an adult child’ and other parents who are grieving their adult child share and care there.    Please join us on the last page  for current conversations  - the thread goes back many years but don’t be daunted. 
peace and comfort to you,  Roz x