Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Easter

KayC

• Members
23 hours ago, KayC said:

Thinking of all of you today, hoping this isn't a day that's too hard for you.

Easter can be a different day for us because we don't have our beloved ones anymore. But we are not alone because  in fact we are a great family. For me it's a bit easier because it's been a couple of years since she is gone. Sometimes we can think that Easter is sadder for us (and it is) but it's also a reminder  of what Christ did for us and, because of His work, the certainty of meetig our beloved ones again someday. So I cay say: happy Easter for you KayC and for everybody who shares this forum.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members

Thank you Kay, for such an inspiring post. All holidays are very tough without our loved one, especially the first ones, and I can say that from experience. But today, like Brazil Man said, is a celebration of faith and hope that because Christ rose and defeated evil, we will also one day be reunited with all our loved ones. Happy Easter.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Kay, thank you for sharing this today. I was sad reading your words, and this was a difficult  weekend, but as always, you deliver us strength and faith when needed. Thank you for being here for us. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
1 hour ago, Gator M said:

I believe we are in End Times

For me some of the signs of the End of Times are the TV programs. I had never seen so much violence news as I see nowadays; and besides violence lots of nosense and weird TV shows.

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 hours ago, KayC said:

I had to the last two times!

Kay I'm more than surprised this happened to you of all people  :)  But with all the issues we've been having with spammers lately, this might pop up, might be a random checker thing? It does seem to be slowing though so that's hopeful.

Hope y'all had as good of an Easter (or Passover or Festivus or whatever) as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, widower2 said:

Festivus

Reminds me of Seinfeld's Festivus...

• Like 1

• Members

The birth of Christ was the greatest gift the world will ever receive. The death of Christ was the greatest example of love the world will ever receive. Easter gives me hope in that for all of the sufferings we all go through in this life, there is heaven waiting for us when our life is done. Sure, sometimes the events in our lives make us wish we were there already; but the fact that all of us on this board are all still here, means God still has some work for us to do. Being on this board supporting each other might be part of that work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Members

I had a pretty good Easter with family.  His side this year.

My deceased parents would be disappointed in me, I think.  They raised me Catholic, and I did not attend Mass on Sunday. I did pray and still realize the significance of the events of Holy Week. 

Since covid and my husband's death, I just never got back into the habit of getting up and going.  I also prefer the earliest service.  There were times I tried, and the place just makes me cry, even on the happiest occasions.  I'll keep trying when I feel I can.  It's not like they're not going to let me in!  

When my father passed, it was right after Sunday Mass.  He got home, changed his clothes, turned on his music and dropped dead of a heart attack.  My mother was not well (dementia), so I stayed with her as she could not be left alone.  Of course, she wanted to go to Mass, but not in her church so we went to mine.  This is when the crying started.  I think caring for her didn't give me time to grieve my father, however, sitting in Church the tears came easily.  Maybe this is part of why I don't go. I don't know.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators

When I lost George, going to church was really hard, we always went together and when I was up on the platform singing, he was my biggest fan and support.  Looking out over the congregation, his seat empty, and worse yet seeing someone else sitting there...that was very hard.  I switched where I sat.

• Hugs 4