Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Thank you God

darlenestark

• Members

Today - the 58th day after Ali died, a large heart-shaped patch of open water appeared on the frozen lake where I live. And now as the sun is setting, there's a big heart-shaped patch of ice floating off the shore, in front of the spot where, come spring, Ali's memorial garden will be, where the water meets the sand. Every one of these 58 days, I couldn't help but cry - but today I can't help but smile in between the tears. Thank you God for the hearts - and thank you God for giving my beautiful son to me here on earth for 9,695 days of my life...

• Members

Dear Ali's Mom

Thank you for your beautiful topic and posting. It made my heart smile and I too felt gratitude to God for giving him my Precious Son Stephen who passed 4 years ago I know the feeling you described so veer well. The heart was definitely a sign and I am so glad you connected to it

Please continue to share the Journey with us We do understand

• Members

Today - the 58th day after Ali died, a large heart-shaped patch of open water appeared on the frozen lake where I live. And now as the sun is setting, there's a big heart-shaped patch of ice floating off the shore, in front of the spot where, come spring, Ali's memorial garden will be, where the water meets the sand. Every one of these 58 days, I couldn't help but cry - but today I can't help but smile in between the tears. Thank you God for the hearts - and thank you God for giving my beautiful son to me here on earth for 9,695 days of my life...

Ali's Mom,

Thank you for sharing this. It's wonderful when we get these little messages, isn't it? You reminded me to express my gratitude, as well. God gave me Chrissy for 33 years, and in that time, I learned far more from her than she ever learned from me! Our children are miracles, for however long we have them.

Love,

Robyn

• Members

Ali's Mom - Just reading your post today, and I'm smiling because of those special signs sent to you. I also get a lot of signs in the form of a heart, and each time it happens, I am filled with gratefulness. (I've also counted my daughter's days....those days that she was mine...the days that she's been gone from me. I became a "counter" immediately following her passing.)

Archived