Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

3 passings

KatTool

• Members

Last year I had to put my cat of 14 years due to lymphoma. She was a very sweet and quiet calico. My partner and I got a wonderful kitty from a shelter. He was so funny.  He developed FIP and we had to put him down. Two weeks ago my partner Died from lymphatic cancer and COVID. I’m very sad now. I’d like to get a pet but I think I will start as a volunteer at a no kill shelter that is near me. I will be able to get out of the apartment, socialize a bit. I miss each one. 

• Hugs 1

• Moderators

@KatTool Wow, 3 losses practically at once, that is hard.  I already know you from loss of spouse section but am sorry also about your cats.  Life is truly unfair sometimes.  Your cat most likely got it from the shelter it was in as it's mostly found in multiple cat areas.  https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/feline-infectious-peritonitis

Your idea to volunteer at a shelter is a good one, and meanwhile you can keep an eye out for another kitty to grace your home.  Like @foreverhis you will find the right one with patience and time.

Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers