Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Having a hard week

AJ4

• Members

I'm just having a rough time this week.  I miss having someone to lean on, to hug me, to help me make the hard decisions.  It started with my daughter (who is transgender and already completely traumatized by everything in the news about people hating and persecuting trans kids) being told by her friend group that they are kicking her out of the group.  She refused to go to school the next day (senior in high school).  I don't know if I did the right thing but I let her stay home for two days.  I talked to the school counselor a little bit, but probably not enough.  
And then her other best friend, our oldest dog, who is 13.5, got sick.  Pepper was also my husband's favorite dog.  She's a really good girl. She's been an emotion support for my daughter for many years.   I took her to the vet and the out look was not promising (multiple problems, each not enough to doom her, but possibly all together is is a lot to over come. )   I had her hospitalized overnight with some fluids and other medications and I'm waiting to hear this morning about how she's doing, and make a decision on bringing her home or saying good bye.   

• Sad 3

• Moderators

@AJ4 I am so sorry about Pepper and hope and pray for the best.

For your daughter, I am so sorry her friends disappointed, that is rough.  Combined with the news it's too much, really.  Have you contacted a support group for parents to help you in knowing how to be a support to her?  She also might want to contact a support group to help her going forward and she might make some friends in it.  I have a friend who is trans I believe, although not transitioning.  He said it's not fitting with his religious beliefs.  He's known for many years.  I think he's contented himself with what is but everyone is very accepting of him/her however he presents.  He went through a long period of dressing but not daily but on occasion.  It can be very hard for a young person and shame on her friends for ditching her!  It's hard enough.

• Like 1

• Members

Hi Kay, thank you.  I haven't found any groups locally (small town) but thanks to your message I started looking at online possibilities and I wrote to a couple of people to see if they can get her in.  

• Like 1

• Members

I'm very sorry AJ4 for your daughter...in these very hard times we are taking steps backwards in freedom!

It's not the world i want, the world in wich everyone is free to be themself!

I know is not useful but all my complete solidarity to your daughter.

A hopeful thought for her best friend Pepper🙏

• Like 3