Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anniversary of my son's death

CK07601

• Members

Today is the 23rd anniversary of my son Steven's death. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him and yearn to see him.... Time has helped to ease my pain but on days like this it feels like I lost him only yesterday.

• Members

Today is the 23rd anniversary of my son Steven's death. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him and yearn to see him.... Time has helped to ease my pain but on days like this it feels like I lost him only yesterday.

I am so sorry for the loss of your angle Steven. It's coming up on 5 months for me. I often wonder how I'll get through the years to come. You give me hope, knowing I will be able to go on, but we never forget do we? Hugs and prayers for you on this day of rememberance. Vivian-Kevin's Mom

• Members

It's only been 5 months for me, and I honestly cannot fathom 23 years of missing her and longing for her. Prayers for you this night....prayers that you feel the presence of your son's spirit surrounding you with love.

STEVEN.....Saying your name and lifting a prayer for your mom. Surround her with your loving spirit, wrap your angel wings around her, and plant your angel kisses upon her cheek.

p.s. How have you survived this torment for so long a time?

• Members

I'm SO sorry for your loss AND your pain. I do understand both.

My son was killed 18 years ago this coming week. He was 18. I really have no one to talk to about it. No one wants to talk about it including my other adult son.[ I feel like I'm just starting to grieve. Like I said I know how it hurts. But I also know that you can live with pain AND joy. They are not exclusive. Do I/you want to miss out on the happy times in life? If the opposite was true, if I had died, would I want my son to ruin his life?

There is no more we could have done. We were good mothers. Not fair. But we can't change what happened. We can only change the future. Keep talking.

Be well,

Dot

• Members

Dot - Thank you for posting. As I stated before, I cannot fathom that amount of time....those years that will mark the passage of time without my child. For me, at this moment in time, those years and that future are unwanted. I have no doubt that I will survive...that somehow I will find my footing on this path, but it is not what I had wanted for my life, for the life of my girl or her sister. So much is lost when our child dies. There is so much to grieve for....maybe that's why it is so torturous and complex? I hope that you continue to come here to post and share your heart with us. May we be a blessing to each other...to everyone here who are hurting and searching to find their way.

• Members

CKO7601 and Dot, Thank you for sharing with us. As Susan and I and many others have been put on this painful path not long ago, it gives us such hope in our journeys to hear others who are ahead of us. WOW, 23yrs and 18yrs. I know the pain is still with you, how could it NOT be? but you 2 are proof we can and do go on. Proof that we will find a way even in through the pain and tears. Thank you so much, I know I need it. I will continue to pray for you as I know you still walk this path and it gets rough for you at times also. Hugs and prayers. Vivian-Kevin's Mom

• Members

CK and Dot, Susan and Vivien - I just came upon these posts on my way to Loss of an Adult Child

and I must say that this is what this website is all about. To meet CK and Dot, who've been on this

road so long, and Susan and Vivien just starting out speaks to how this journey can bring us all

together in what is the hardest thing we will go through in our lives. I am 18 months along since

my daughter Sarah died from leukemia, and at this point in time, I feel like it just happened. I'm so

lost lately. My younger daughter is due in one month with her first child, and as excited as I am for

her and her husband, I'm that much sadder that her big sister isn't here to share it with her.

I pray for peace and comfort for you fine ladies, and all who walk this difficult road. Shelly

Archived