Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What now?

Ck13

• Members

I’ve just arrived home after travelling away for my partners funeral..he wanted to be buried with his dad in his town of birth. It’s a long way away from where we are (plane and long car journey). It’s been a month since he died suddenly but due to complications of taking him “home” the funeral only took place 2 days ago.

I’m now home and don’t know what to do. I feel like I’ve left him hundreds of miles away , and now home to face reality without him.

Feel at a complete loss as to this next phase. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, RichS said:

Right now I'm still not sure if I'm moving fast or slow.

You're moving at your own pace, what is right for you, and it seems to be working for you.

15 hours ago, Ck13 said:

I’m now home and don’t know what to do. I feel like I’ve left him hundreds of miles away , and now home to face reality without him.

This has to be hard, being gone so long, so far, around others and now home alone. My friend Iris is going through the same thing. My heart goes out to you.:wub2:

13 hours ago, RichS said:

Taking it one day at a time seems to be the best coping strategy for a lot of us here.

Matthew 6-34.jpg

• Like 3

• Members
10 minutes ago, Gator M said:

I for one, can somewhat function.   BUT as of today, I am just going through the motions.   I do my job, I try to do chores, I  cherish time/talks with my kids and I PRAY...A LOT.  

I'm going through the motions, I try to do my chores, I cherish the time with my son (and cat), BUT I need to PRAY MORE.  Thanks for the wise reminder on prayer............

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Gator M said:

I can't say what better is

It is simply that it is not as intense as day/month one, the lessening is very gradual so as not to seem perceptible. The amount of time it takes to reach that state will be different for everyone, it does depend a bit on our honing our coping skills, and some things help us like counseling, support groups, reading, posting/reading here.  And yes, prayer, if you are a praying person.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I don't feel lonely very often, although I did at first.  What I feel is a longing for George.  I'm okay living alone but would prefer a little social contact now and then, but it hasn't happened the last 1 1/2 months.

My sisters and friends have no idea what this is like.  But I do get tired of having to be the only one responsible for this place...all the time.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members
27 minutes ago, Gator M said:

For all of us, "Going through the motions"...God grant us peace, direction, and wisdom to know what to do?

There is a similar prayer by St. Anthony: "God grant me the SERENITY to accept the things that I cannot change, the COURAGE to change the things that I can and the WISDOM to know the difference."

• Like 3

• Moderators

I find it helps not to saturate myself with the news, I skim-read it rather than watching it all day like my sister and BIL.  I think it contributes to negative outlook.  It seems the politicians are in an arena all their own and media jumps on the bandwagon!  Spreading things w/o checking them out first. Erythritol was a prime example.

• Like 2

• Members
1 hour ago, Gator M said:

I've read the back of the book.  Though we WIN, it gets messy. 

@Gator M Yes! On one hand I long for the ending and yet if I am allowed to be really transparent, I still feel scared sometimes. That scared comes a lot I think from now feeling so very alone/lonely. It’s been 5 years, and even though the grief is no longer raw, the loneliness is sometimes overwhelming! Jesus is so present in my life and carries me through, and during the overwhelming times I kneel beside my bed …where Jeff used to pray with me, and now I pray alone… and take it to Jesus! However, I miss beyond words the being able to share thoughts and emotions, little stuff and big, …and to have that returned. To care deeply and to have that care reciprocated. To hear in words how special I am to someone. To have that special someone who I can be completely vulnerable and open with and who loves me back in the same way. There is deep aching loneliness that is always present since Jeff is gone. That special someone who truly talks openly, looks into my eyes and shares his heart and with whom I could also share in a very open and vulnerable way. I miss that every single day in a way that words cannot describe! I share daily, some days hourly, with Jesus and am so thankful! …and I know He understands that it’s not quite the same as having a husband … 💔🙏 ….. So back to your comment, …Yes, we win!! and I long for that day! I love how you worded it, that caught my attention! 🙂 … now just to figure out how to get through the loneliness to that day! Revelation 22:20 🙏🙏🙏

Prayers for  everyone here, as we continue this journey! 🤍 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
8 hours ago, Gator M said:

I've read the back of the book.  Though we WIN, it gets messy.

I've read it many times as well as most of the rest of it, and this is what gives me comfort in the face of what's going on now. It's a tough going, but we have to persevere and make the best of it.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Angel Wings 1

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Gator M said:

Kay...I agree, however you can't avoid what is happening.  If you have grandkids in school, you go the store, you surf the internet, or go anywhere IT'S THERE.  

It's not in nature, another reason I love living here.  Remind me of that this weekend when it's snowing! :D  My grandkids are homeschooled and they're doing a great job teaching them as well as socialization, coaching sports, etc.  And there's a big difference between SATURATING yourself with news and skimming/keeping an eye on it. ;)

11 hours ago, Gator M said:

In any event...what America is becoming hurts my soul.

Yes, it's shocking, in my 70 years here, who'd have thought?!

11 hours ago, Gator M said:

Hopefully, will see each other soon....at the banquet

Yes!  And Kodie wants to be there, he's a great beggar! View 11 Excited Dog Wagging Tail Gif

• Like 2

• Members
On 3/29/2023 at 2:55 AM, KayC said:

It is.  I am content being alone in my place, but the longing I have for George is a quiet missing him that nothing can fill and I've come to peace with that.

Yes, I feel that as well. I have learned to be at peace with living alone…well, alone with my new furry love. But the missing and the longing for John to be with me again will never go away.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Well I'm certain alot ARE getting ready, but there will be those stragglers that will be opting out due to their beliefs, religious or non religious. 

• Like 2

• Members

If you are right then I suppose in the blink of an eye you and many many others will be raised in the air and dissapear to meet with Christ. You will be justified in your belief. For the rest of us, things here might just work out enough to keep us going on with our lives.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

• Members

Goodnight Gator, your strong faith and belief is admirable,  may it bring you peace with your loss and with the difficulties you are facing with your home. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Members
On 3/30/2023 at 6:55 PM, Gator M said:

Hopefully, will see each other soon....at the banquet

Prayers 

Yes Gator!! I can only imagine what that meal with Jesus will be like! …and I’m sure however wonderful I imagine it to be, it will be many times better❣️ Looking to see each of you there! Love and (((hugs)))

… and to anyone who doesn’t believe as I/we do, no judgement! We all have minds to decide how we believe. Love and (((hugs))) to you all too! 🤍 

• Like 2
  • Angel Wings 1