Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my daughter almost 9 months ago

Amani's_mommie

• Members
Amani's_mommie

On May 23, 2011 when I was 9 months pregnant and 3 cm dilated I slipped down the stairs and when I got to the hospital the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat. I'm having a lot trouble dealing with the lost of my first born and I don't know what to do or who to talk. I don't really like opening up to anyone because they don't know how I feel. I need help because the pain from the loss is getting worse. I can't help to fell like I'm to blame. I feel like I failed as a mother because I couldn't protect her. Every night I dream of her and I just wish I could wake up and see her face one more time. Any suggestions on how to grieve?

• Guests

Dear Amani's mommy; I'm so sorry for the loss of your baby! You will feel the same grief of anyone who lost a child, except in some ways your grief will be worse because you also grieve the loss of memories never experienced. Please join us on the loss of an adult child thread. The thread was started many years ago by someone who lost an adult child, that's why it's called that, but it doesn't matter how old your child was when you lost them. There are many different parents who lost children at different ages who are at different stages of their grief. Although the pain never leaves entirely, we do learn to walk again.

I lost my 28yr old daughter, Stephanie, on August 9, 2009. She was killed in an ATV accident. She left behind three young children whom my husband and I are raising.

Susannah/Stephanie's mom

Archived