Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Getting through it!

cruise

• Members

The pain I feel for the loss of my girlfriend on dec21st is still very bad and the only way it ever goes away is when I'm very busy doing something. I've been able to talk a little bit to my co-workers about her without showing to much emotion but when i'm doing my daily work my mind will eventually end up in the hospital room she was in thinking about the very last time I said good goodbye. Then the overwelming grief hits me right in the throat and I automaticly think of something else but its to late so I have to regain my composure. I was doing some research last night on my computer and left the tv on in the living room and it sounded just as if she was there. The fire department is just up the street and comes racing down here with the sirun blairing at least once a week it stops here to take someone to the hospital. I use to drop her off at wallmart to do her grocery shopping and she would call me on the phone to pick her up. The phone ringing, The firetrucks outside put me right back when I called them for her. I take a shower before and after work and and it usually makes me feel better but I've noticed the real absence of feeling anything but just getting wet. She was the best cook I ever had and she went out of her way to have a full plate of hot food waiting for me when I got home frow work.I'm usually quite tired when I get home so I don't cook very often and find myself eating fast food.Ive noticed some strange sounds in the living room and when I was looking through a box of heres located under a table and a burst of air hit me in the face. very unusual. I've found some old pictures of her from when she was two years old up through highschool and uploaded them to her sister. I've also found myself saying hello when i get home even though she's not there and I can't tell you wy.You no people live and dye daily and I've never thought to much about it but when my time comes she will be waiting and I will be Happy to be with her again.

• Members

Lane,

I know you've heard this many times but I'm sorry for your loss. We all here have lost someone in death and know the pain. I think that it takes a while for you to get used to not having your girlfriend around the house, as strange as it may seem, yes you do keep thinking she's there. It is evident that you loved her very very much and those memories I'm sure are so painful right now, but rest assured that in time those same memories will bring you happiness. I think it's cute that you found those pictures of her, what a treasure! Why don't you make an album with photos, and letters, and even love notes you might have in her memory. This will help you to heal. Crying is also normal so don't think that you have to suppress it, it will help relieve the pain, don't be ashamed of your tears. This reminds me of the faithful man Abraham in the Bible that when he lost his beloved wife in death, he "came in to bewail Sarah and to weep over her."(Genesis 23:2) We have a wonderful hope of seeing our loved ones again. I take that comfort from the Bible but I'm only going to cite one verse, John 5:28, 29 that says "The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out." I hope that you can keep sharing with us how you are doing. Hearing from you will be a pleasure for us.

Kindest Regards,

Ada

• Members

It doesn't get any easier as the years go by. My husband died in 2007 and tears still roll down my checks. I miss him so much. Life goes on, but my heart is broke. Take a day at a time. Life does get better.

• Moderators

I'm sorry for all of your losses. Frankly I don' t know how you do it. I lost my wife just a few months ago and I'm already so weary and sick of it all. I can't imagine any life let alone a good one in the future.

Archived