Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Rough Weekend

onedaysoon

• Members

Today is a rough one. My last grandparent died this morning. He was 2 weeks away from his 94th birthday. I learned this via email because my dad can't seem to figure out what my phone number is (even though my mom told him what it was). To top it off, today is my best friend's birthday (the one who died 2 years ago).

• Members

Hey my friend,

I'm sorry you lost your grandfather today. I know how hard this must be, especially on the birthday of your friend. Was your dad and his father close? Not making excuses for him, but perhaps he is having a hard time being able to talk right now too. My prayers go out for you and your family.

Today is a rough one. My last grandparent died this morning. He was 2 weeks away from his 94th birthday. I learned this via email because my dad can't seem to figure out what my phone number is (even though my mom told him what it was). To top it off, today is my best friend's birthday (the one who died 2 years ago).

• Members

Hey my friend,

I'm sorry you lost your grandfather today. I know how hard this must be, especially on the birthday of your friend. Was your dad and his father close? Not making excuses for him, but perhaps he is having a hard time being able to talk right now too. My prayers go out for you and your family.

Thanks heydaddy.

It definitely sucks and makes it a little tougher on me I think. And while I am sure that Dad is hurting (as any child does with the loss of their parent - expected or not), he was able to contact his other 3 children. IT's not so much that I am mad at him. It just kind of hurt to hear via a third party. At least I didn't hear it on Facebook first ...

Archived