Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Extremely depressed about the drowning death of a friend and unanswered questions. (my Email Included)

BillytheWilson

• Members
BillytheWilson

My E-mail is billy_w93 @ yahoo.co.uk (without spaces.I shall reply.)

I'm sorry if this seems disorganized. I haven't slept for 2 days and every other site and its users have shunned me and failed to answer the questions. I knew him online, but I don't have any friends in real life. then I saw the news.

Disclaimer: Please answer all of the allocated questions in my post. Some are listed below.

Sometimes I think, Why would a 19-year old boy commit suicide on new year's and his Anniversary suddenly without any warning?

According to sources, he was sitting on a Chicago seawall with his girlfriend. His own mother stated in the article that her son didn't know how to swim. And that he 'could only doggy-paddle' and her and others close to her son knew he couldn't swim. His girlfriend, Jess, dropped a bottle into the water. So he decided to hang off the seawall to retreive it with his foot. He couldn't pull himself back up so she tried to pull him up, she wasn't strong enough so he fell in. He started to scream but nobody who could would help them. Jess told him to swim to some ladders but he didn't make it and she watched him drown as the fireworks went off.

Then, we get contradicting reports. These mess with my head big time. The day after the event, Jess's mother told the article that he could swim, and had been doing so all summer and had 'been swimming with us many times'. She stated 'he tried to make it to the ladder but the cold and probably panic took over.' The girlfriend said that she tried to make it to him but he was 20 feet away from shore and his head went under. She also said he and his mother didn't have a close relationship and he left at 15. Again I'm sure this is all lies. The temperature was 1c (or 33F) that night. I can only doggy-paddle. I can swim much more than 20 feet which leads me to believe he was either tied up or held in while others were distracted by fireworks.

The only picture I could see of him in water was in a facebook picture taken via a mobile. Which was him at a waterpark. You could clearly see the water was only 3ft deep. It was a kiddie indoor pool with slides. Nothing else, despite Jessica's mother saying he'd swam 'many times'. He wasn't expecting to go into the water, but he was an INTELLIGENT person, who'd never enter water if he couldn't swim.

1. So whose lying here? Could he swim or not? Was he a bad swimmer (doggypaddler) or something else? Why or why not? Answer this please because I would appreciate it.

2 Did he doggy-paddle? He did put 'swimming' down as an interest on facebook, but facebook means squat here.

3. Even a poor swimmer would swim more than 20 feet. Even with clothes and an underto. The boy was skinny, but AGAIN, I'm skinny - I can swim way more than 20 feet and I can only doggy-paddle, a non-swimmer.

4. The boy, 19, was left submerged for THIRTY MINUTES. If this wasn't murder, why on earth would you leave your so-called 'loved one' (they were engaged together) under the water 30 minutes if HE COULDN'T EVEN SWIM? Let alone WATCHING him DROWN.

I'm sorry if this is too much, but if you want sources, search michael hilling. That was the guy

• Members

My E-mail is billy_w93 @ yahoo.co.uk (without spaces.I shall reply.)

I'm sorry if this seems disorganized. I haven't slept for 2 days and every other site and its users have shunned me and failed to answer the questions. I knew him online, but I don't have any friends in real life. then I saw the news.

Disclaimer: Please answer all of the allocated questions in my post. Some are listed below.

Sometimes I think, Why would a 19-year old boy commit suicide on new year's and his Anniversary suddenly without any warning?

According to sources, he was sitting on a Chicago seawall with his girlfriend. His own mother stated in the article that her son didn't know how to swim. And that he 'could only doggy-paddle' and her and others close to her son knew he couldn't swim. His girlfriend, Jess, dropped a bottle into the water. So he decided to hang off the seawall to retreive it with his foot. He couldn't pull himself back up so she tried to pull him up, she wasn't strong enough so he fell in. He started to scream but nobody who could would help them. Jess told him to swim to some ladders but he didn't make it and she watched him drown as the fireworks went off.

Then, we get contradicting reports. These mess with my head big time. The day after the event, Jess's mother told the article that he could swim, and had been doing so all summer and had 'been swimming with us many times'. She stated 'he tried to make it to the ladder but the cold and probably panic took over.' The girlfriend said that she tried to make it to him but he was 20 feet away from shore and his head went under. She also said he and his mother didn't have a close relationship and he left at 15. Again I'm sure this is all lies. The temperature was 1c (or 33F) that night. I can only doggy-paddle. I can swim much more than 20 feet which leads me to believe he was either tied up or held in while others were distracted by fireworks.

The only picture I could see of him in water was in a facebook picture taken via a mobile. Which was him at a waterpark. You could clearly see the water was only 3ft deep. It was a kiddie indoor pool with slides. Nothing else, despite Jessica's mother saying he'd swam 'many times'. He wasn't expecting to go into the water, but he was an INTELLIGENT person, who'd never enter water if he couldn't swim.

1. So whose lying here? Could he swim or not? Was he a bad swimmer (doggypaddler) or something else? Why or why not? Answer this please because I would appreciate it.

2 Did he doggy-paddle? He did put 'swimming' down as an interest on facebook, but facebook means squat here.

3. Even a poor swimmer would swim more than 20 feet. Even with clothes and an underto. The boy was skinny, but AGAIN, I'm skinny - I can swim way more than 20 feet and I can only doggy-paddle, a non-swimmer.

4. The boy, 19, was left submerged for THIRTY MINUTES. If this wasn't murder, why on earth would you leave your so-called 'loved one' (they were engaged together) under the water 30 minutes if HE COULDN'T EVEN SWIM? Let alone WATCHING him DROWN.

I'm sorry if this is too much, but if you want sources, search michael hilling. That was the guy

HI,

I do not have your answers and you may never know the whole truth. The bottom line is that there could be all kinds of factors here involved. Panic can cause people to freeze and not move, the water may have sucked his breath and energy, his clothing may have prevented him from swimming, his swimming ability may have not been at that type of emergency situation, and tons of other things may have happened, or any numerous other things. The contradictions in reports are very normal for people in shock and confusion.

People drown in bathtubs. We don't now how we will handle life and death situations until we experience them, and we don't know every factor.

It's terrible, regardless of the exact circumstances, it's still a terrible tragedy. I know we all want solid answers, we want to blame someone for death at times, but those things may never be answered.

Why would others shun you? Do you have family to talk to?

We will be here,

ModKonnie

Archived