Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my mom and things are tough

Bridelyn

• Members

I lost my mother a month and a half ago, right before Christmas. She lived with me and my son for the last 14 years so she was a big part of our lives. It was very sudden and unexpected. She had a cat which I guess I inherited who has adapted well but I was recently told by the vet that he has a brain tumor. He is an older cat so I expected he wouldn't last too long after my mom passed but my son took that hard because he feels its the only thing we have left of gram. I still haven't packed up her room or anything. I want to because it will be easier to move on, but I am just so tired all the time. I feel guilty for not doing the things I should be doing, but sometimes I can just barely get through the day. Last week my older brother tried to kill himself. I am so angry at him for putting us through this and the though of dealing with another death is unbearable. To top it off he was driving a car when he tried so now he is in a lot of legal problems. He does suffer from mental illness and is being treated, but now I will always be worried about him. i am just so stressed and things are getting to be too much. I just don't understand why God would put me in this situation. They say He only gives you what you can handle, but who would want to deal with this and what would be the purpose of it? Two days before my mom passed away, my kids other grandmother died. So of course I worry about my kids even though they are now young adults. I know the feelings I am having are normal and I am probably expecting too much of myself. I guess I just have to take it one day at a time, but I would be interested in knowing how other people deal with the stress.

• Members

Hello: First let me say i am very sorry for your loss. My mom died on nov 14 and i was very angry, sad, etc. I am the only daughter and her and i were extremly close. May your mom rip and she would want you to get on with your life.

As for your brother yes he needs help. I am curious was his suicide attempt related to your moms illness and death? I am sure it is to some degree. I will pray for you and your brother and family to have better days and yes it is very draining dealing with

it all. I hope your son starts to accept it too....

I will pray your brother gets the help he needs. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I go to the gym, swim and take classes and it helps me alot. I also study online. Hope you find energy and your lives start to turn around. Your son lost two grandmothers that must be hard on him.

Prayers for peace, acceptence and better days to come.

• Members

Hello: First let me say i am very sorry for your loss. My mom died on nov 14 and i was very angry, sad, etc. I am the only daughter and her and i were extremly close. May your mom rip and she would want you to get on with your life.

As for your brother yes he needs help. I am curious was his suicide attempt related to your moms illness and death? I am sure it is to some degree. I will pray for you and your brother and family to have better days and yes it is very draining dealing with

it all. I hope your son starts to accept it too....

I will pray your brother gets the help he needs. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I go to the gym, swim and take classes and it helps me alot. I also study online. Hope you find energy and your lives start to turn around. Your son lost two grandmothers that must be hard on him.

Prayers for peace, acceptence and better days to come.

Thanks Debbie and sorry for your loss as well. It is really nice to know people understand what i am going through. Things do get easier. I have found myself laughing at work. But my heart is still heavy with sadness. and i can cry on the drop of a dime. Every time i here an ambulance siren i just cringe. This week has been a little hard for me because some people at work have come back from holidays and stopped by to offer their condolences. it is like re-living the nightmare all over again. I did decide to make a list of things i need to do and try to do one or two a week along with the everyday chores. i find that i mostly just want to watch tv. something mindless where i dont have to think about anything. Doesn't sound very healthy does it but it is what i need right now i think. My brother seems to be doing ok right now and i decided not to worry about him so i can try to relax a little. i am just taking it one day at a time.

Archived