Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My son Ali died one month ago

darlenestark

• Members

My 26-year-old son Ali died in a car accident on December 29,2011. In the moments before impact - a head-on collision with a huge truck - Ali pulled the lever to lower the back of his seat, reached back and flipped his 6-month old baby's car seat over to the right side and shielded her with his body. The car was completely crushed, except for that side of the back seat - Ali died instantly, but he saved his baby's life. Everyone in my family and my circle of friends has been supportive, but they don't know what I'm going through because they never lost a child. It's been helpful for me to read the words of others here who are living with this too.

• Members

Ali's Mom - I am so sorry to hear of your son's passing. The loss of a child is the most traumatic and heart-rending experience that we can face in this lifetime. There are no words that offer true comfort to us. The pain, longing and sorrow are too great to define. I also lost my beautiful 16 year old daughter recently in a car accident. She was taken from me on September 20, 2011. This site has helped me tremendously. There are many others who have been on this journey far longer than the two of us. We mainly post in the Loss of an Adult thread. It is a more active thread. You will be received there with love, understanding, support and encouragement. Please post there and tell us about your son, yourself, your family. Prayers for you as you try to find your way on this dark path.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. But your son was a hero in my mind for saving his child. You must remember that with so much love and pride. I just lost my son two weeks ago. And yes the pain is so intense I somtimes I wonder will I make it. But I am doing it one step at a time and one breath at a time. But that is all. There is not a second that I can't say I don;t think of my son. we talked on the phone 3 to 5 times a day and most of the time an hour or more at a time. I knew most everything about him. He was such a kind hearted sensitive soul. I just wish my love could of saved him, for my son OD on purpose.

• Members
RememberingOmar

My son, Omar, was 25. He was shot and killed in my driveway by carjackers who only wanted to steal his car on December 30, 2011. I know the pain is incredible. Today I told someone that I am doing all the things our culture tells us to do: counseling, grief support groups, meds for awhile....nothing chases away the pain for me. People tell me that at some point, I will reach an acceptance stage. I cannot even imagine that yet. All that I can say is that I know your pain.

Archived