Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Preparing for 1 year anniversary

TonyRoberts

• Members

On Friday, February 3, the one year anniversary of my only child Travis' death. I feel that every day closer to this anniversary, I begin to have the anxiety and find myself to tear up. I do not believe that many outside of this forum understands how devastating the loss of a child is. I read on another post that I died when my child died, and that is how I feel. I feel like I have no emotions, I have two grandchildren from my son, one who was 9 months when he died, and one who he and his fiance announced 2 days before he passed that she was pregnant, so tomorrow he will be 5 months old. I called in December for an appointment with a psychiatrist because I feel I am at a point where I need some intervention and help, the receptionist set the day for February 3, 2012.

I feel like I have been left alone here to try to make it through the world. I always believed my son would be there, I never dreamed I would have to bury him and live the rest of my life grieving over him.

• Members
michael watkins

First let me start off by saying I cant even imagine making it a year from now tomorow is a struggle for me i lost my son just recently Dec 14 2011 he was not only my son but my friend he was 19 but was turning 20 On Dec 31 I pray that I am sane and be able to say im preparing for 1 year anniversary and i can only imagine what you are going through but I hope God gives you the strengh to make it through these days as they get closer

• Members

Tony,

I am so sorry that you have lost your son and the date of his passing is looming before you. I am new on this journey...I lost my 16 year old daughter September 20, 2011. Most post in the Loss of an Adult Child thread. It is more active,and there are many who are farther along on this journey than we are. Please post there....you will be welcomed and accepted unconditionally. Many will be there to support you and try to lend encouragement to you as you face the days, weeks, months and years that stretch ahead of you. Prayers for peace for you.

Archived