Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

A new adventure in life

logolept

• Members

I lost my mom last week. What's more is that I am probably going to have to leave my home and live on my own for the first time ever. I will have to have an escape plan, so my dad doesn't try to keep me or my sibling. My dad is rifling through everything looking for stuff to pawn. It really hurts to see how disrespectful he has been. There was a reason she told me eventually she was going to leave him. I guess now I see little hints that she was trying to make it easier to leave when I need to. Like extra towels tucked away and other things for a new life. The titles to the cars in my name and her name, but no longer my dad's. As long as I can keep him from stealing it away, pawning it or somehow thinking that he's going to move us to some funny place.   I have to choose a new job soon too, which frightens me. It'll be new from what I've know, and I am so overwhelmed I can't think straight. I want to do something right for me, my sibling, and something that won't be too hard on me. Maybe going back to work will be good for me, but the prospect is terrifying. I might just choose my old job over everything else, because at least it's something I know, even if it is part-time or a full-time position there.   If it were up to me I'd be having a vacation in the Caribbean right now. I have to go back to life, to pretend nothing happened, and that is so utterly frightening.   It's so frustrating to have to deal with my father and between being grief stricken I have to keep my guard up. When I really just want to stay in my bed. I have to go the extra mile to make sure he doesn't trap me into the same situation my mom was in, and it's really too much.

• Members

Sorry to hear about your loss and the difficulties with your dad.......I hope you find an outlet and a healthy start for you and your siblings.....It will take time. My mom is gone 2 months now and it is so hard to actually believe she is gone.

I am happy to chat anytime with you. Take care of yourself

Debbie

You are in my thoughts and prayers. The lord is watching over you.....

• Members

Sorry to hear about your loss and the difficulties with your dad.......I hope you find an outlet and a healthy start for you and your siblings.....It will take time. My mom is gone 2 months now and it is so hard to actually believe she is gone.

I am happy to chat anytime with you. Take care of yourself

Debbie

You are in my thoughts and prayers. The lord is watching over you.....

Archived