Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Will the pain ever end?

Maddy6

• Members

Dear Maddy

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious daughter, I hear and understand the depth of your pain and have known it as well. I lost my only child, Stephen 5-6-2007 to an alcohol overdose and became the shell of myself I was fortunate to find this nourishing group of compassionate people and have slowly begun the arduous difficult task of coming back from the brink

I know none of us will ever be who we once were however we can learn to live a life to honor the memory of our beautiful children and in so doing reduce the incredible pain we are in

Come here often Say all you need to and I would suggest that you go to the Loss of Adult Child section, click on that Board and then click on the upper right hand button "REPLY" and share More members will see your post and respond When you can go to the Gallery Section and start an album of your favorite pictures.

Again I am glad to share this painful journey with you Together we can make

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

Maddy [ lost my son 2 years ago to the same thing It is so strange because the words you write are exactly the way I feel The hardest thing is to be here for the living. i am not tje same funny person either but i try so hard I live with guilt bt i know its not my fault i read an article a few months ago about three familiies that lost thier kids to drugs One family spent their retirement ANOTHER FORCED HI sON TO GO TO REHAB another one practically locked his son in the house They all still died My daughter begged Rob 2 weeks before he died to get help because she had a bad feeling Your daughter would want you to be happy It is not yourr fault I lost a handsome smart funny kid to drugs and I ache each day I am going to try to go to colleges and show pictures of Rob I believe where he is now thereis no sorrow We are the ones here that suffer I hrt like a tootache my heart but I take life one second at a time I have to try to save some one else from drugs A few months after my son died a 20 year old came in as a patient His mom saud he was addicted to drugs He was in the bathroom I work for Cardiologists After she left I chased her down the hall I said I just lost my only son to drugs Do not give up A year later two people came in I did an Ekg on a 21 year old He said Do you know who I am ?I said No He said you saved my life last year and I would be dead if it wasnt for you I typed his name in the machine and started crying because ,his name was Robert Hang on tight for the living I try to stay busy and I cry my heart ot but I have to somehow find a tiny piece of happiness I have a daughter left and I am going to try to start being healthy because as much as I have sometimes lost the desire to live i think of all the people such as my family that will suffer because of missing me so much and we know how much it hurts Be here for the living Your family loves yo so so much They need you!

Hgs and prayers

Robs Mom

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

Maddy Iknow you are reading this right now I feel your pain I am angry to because people dave no idea of our pain Remember your 5 children love yo I to am a shell Yo have to sart trying to live again I take Xanax occ bt thats abot it You are a special person that is loved by your friends and family very much It is not your faulyt that your daughter died I am praying real hard for you and all of us

Robs MOM

Archived