Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

moms land

debbie8800

• Members

You know its funny i moved yesterday and I feel like i am starting all over again. Anyway, I have a burning desire to go to Scotland to see where my mother is from. I remember so well when my aunt died her son James kept saying he wanted to move to scotland. So i think it has a lot to do with the way you were raised and the culture which your parents grew up in. I find scottish people so friendly, warm and just love the accent. People in NJ are rough, rude and work work work. My mother was not like this at all. Well getting through another week. Its been 8 weeks now since mom is gone.

I am in a huge house hardly see anyone and still miss mom so much. I wonder if i will ever be happy again.

• Members

I lost my dad 1 1/2yrs ago. I know it's not the same as a mom, I still have mine, but you will get through it. The saddness will always be there but I does get a bit better as time goes on. Focus on the good times and the loving memories. Even some of the hard times take on a whole diffrent light, some times even become a funny or heartwarming memory. Give yourself time to greive and miss your mom. It's ok. It's all part of the love we shared with our parents. Know that because of the love she had for you, you became the person you are today.

Archived