Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Groundhog Day

tmeredith

• Members

Sometimes for me grief is like Groundhog Day. I revisit the same feelings and emotions day after day after day. I must say that those days for me are fewer and farther between but it is amazing how a few things going wrong or some sort of reminder can bring me right back to those feelings... I don't know...I guess it just gives me a chance to work on them a bit more. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...

• Members

Sometimes for me grief is like Groundhog Day. I revisit the same feelings and emotions day after day after day. I must say that those days for me are fewer and farther between but it is amazing how a few things going wrong or some sort of reminder can bring me right back to those feelings... I don't know...I guess it just gives me a chance to work on them a bit more. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day...

Hi Terra,

Yes, I can see what you mean. I am glad you are here. Yes, I hope the rest of today and tomorrow are better.

ModKonnie

• Members

I know what you mean Terra, when something goes wrong my mother floods through my mind, i start crying wishing she was here to get me out of the mess and she was always glad to do so. I am feeling a bit better today and got a new place so hoping my life stays stable for a while. My classes start in 5 days.

I hope you have a better day tommorrow.

• Members

Terra its only been.5 weeks.since my momma past away but.there are days I think ok I feel like I won't really die.from.the pain of missing her then other days I.really do.just wanna end it.myself.

Debbie that's.great news about.your.new apt.and classes. I had 2 interviews last.week.and both.went really good. I.fly back to Indiana Tuesday morning, having moms funeral services a week.from.today

• Members

Thank you ladies for the kind replies. It is nice to know that I am not alone. Today I saw something in a magazine and for a split second I thought "Oh, I should call my mom..." but then of course I remembered that she is no longer here to call. I haven't done that in months! I suppose the good news is that I have gotten to the point were I believe I see signs of my mothers presence like her favorite orchid that bloomed despite no real care when I was missing her over the holidays. That is comforting. I wish everyone some comfort and peace and a sweet memory of your mom or dad if that doesn't make you too sad. Take care

Archived