Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

upset about things

debbie8800

• Members

After living in calif i am having a hard time adjusting to jersey. The quality of life is not the same. Today i looked at rentals to share, not so nice, one lady and husband had a beautiful home but it is their home not mine and my important things will end up in the garage. Now that mom is gone i just feel alone and i don't know what to do. I feel like my purpose is gone to be with mom in a two bedroom place and now i just don't know. I am restless and searching and just wish i could leave jersey altogether, im scared and confused.

and don't know which avenue to follow.

• Members

Debbie:

It sounds like you'd prefer living in California - but are reluctant to leave your mom in Jersey.

You need to do what feels right. If California would bring you a better quality of life, then consider moving.

I wish I could give you a better solution than moving - but if that will help you feel better, then do what is best. Isn't that what your mom would want for you?

I think your mom wouldn't mind that you left for California. Besides, her spirit is with you wherever you may be. She will be watching over you.

I hope I have helped you some.

• Members

After living in calif i am having a hard time adjusting to jersey. The quality of life is not the same. Today i looked at rentals to share, not so nice, one lady and husband had a beautiful home but it is their home not mine and my important things will end up in the garage. Now that mom is gone i just feel alone and i don't know what to do. I feel like my purpose is gone to be with mom in a two bedroom place and now i just don't know. I am restless and searching and just wish i could leave jersey altogether, im scared and confused.

and don't know which avenue to follow.

Hi Debbie,

I am thinking along the lines of Frank. If you'd rather be in California, but are trying to just "learn to adapt" to Jersey, then maybe you should rethink that avenue.

What is important about Jersey?

What is important about California?

Who is in Jersey to support you?

Who is in California to support you?

What about finances in both states?

What about future prospects?

Where is your heart truly at?

Write a pros and cons list. Keep a journal on your thoughts about this. Continue to pray and seek spiritual guideance if you have a relationship with a Higher Power.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Thanks Mod and Frank:

I found a place for a while anyway i move in on Monday, going over with stuff tommorrow. It will do for a while and it is 2 miles from where ma lived. Very nice area. Will see how it goes. It should work for a while. Sometime in the future i would like to go back to Calif. or somewhere nice. I had my mom with me in Calif after she fell and broke her hip I brought her out there till i finished my B.A. in Sociology/Social Work.so I will have memories of her there which is good. So my problems are solved temporarily and classes starting in 5 days. im glad something to keep my mind busy and where i am moving I am hoping to find a job even part time.

Archived