Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I feel like everything is slipping away.

Linda.N

• Members

She passed away on December 14, 2011. My father left when I was 2 years old and I'm the only child; I'm 15 years old. My mother and I, we never really had a good relationship; however, I honestly miss her and my grandmother seems so lifeless and empty now that she's gone. They were both sick and they were both healing, then abruptly my mother went into the hospital because she had an aneurysm in her brain at the end of dialysis. I feel regret, guilt, melancholy, and..empty. I just wish I could run away, somewhere too far for anyone to find. She will always be the most amazing mother in the whole universe to me. She wasn't an educated woman, however, her love surpassed logic, education, and reason. The sacrifices that she made for me, I don't think I would ever fully comprehend. Right now my job is to focus on school and my family; I now live with my aunty, uncle, and cousins. It feels so difficult. The memories I've shared with my mom, grandma, family, friends, boyfriend etc., they're all slipping away rapidly. I promised that I would focus on my education and take care of my grandma, but I feel as if I just want to vanish. I stumbled upon this website and decided to sign up. If you have any suggestions, I would be so very grateful. Thank you.

• Members

Linda.N:

The loss of a mother is very difficult. I too am an only child and I lost my mom on Dec 10th, 2011. I had my mom for 56 years and it is very difficult to go on after such a tremendous loss.

But you have to try and keep moving forward, Linda. You owe your mom that much - to succeed in life and do something with your life that would make her proud of you. Your mom will always be with you, I can guarantee it.

I feel my mother's presence all around me and I can hear her talking to me. You too will come to feel your mom in everything around you, because she is protecting you and watching over you.

We are here to help each other out, so don't hesitate to ask for help if you need someone to talk to.

I will pray for you and God bless you.

• Members

Hi Linda: I lost my mom on Nov 14 and i miss her so much. Nothing is the same and it is so hard. I wish i could bring her back. I am doing my masters online which is also lonely not being among other people.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Debbie

Archived