Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Aaron

aaronnelson

• Members

I think I am in the right place now- I might not find it again- It was nice in a weird way to know that there are parents who feel the exact same way- I am so, I dont even know how to describe it, Is' go through the day barely crying- but yet I feel like im crazy, like im going to flip out. I Hurt so much, the pain does'nt have words. Losing my parents was terrible, but this..., Horrific. My Aaron was born 1-5-1989. His life was cut short on an un- sanded bridge at 6am on a tuesday morning, It was his day off from work and school, It was going to be a beautiful forty three above day, and after all it was mn deer hunting season, he was about 3 minutes from his destination. State patrol said it was a freak accident. It was a preventable accident. As a child he was always happy, sure of himself. He would sing and dance with his mom all our lives.He brought light to every day, he never as a teenager acted funny around his friends-he would kiss and bear hug me if there was friends there or not. He was respectful and kind to all. Aaron was 22 years old, already a pilot for 3 years and was going through the state patrol program. He was going to be married in the summer of this year. He just recently said his life was perfect. Aaron was 6'2 185lb with sandy brown hair and sky blue eyes- with a smile that was heart warming.

I am not sure if anyone would like to see my son, but a co- worker caught us on video dancing at our hospital christmas party in 2009 - its beautiful. He worked with me for 2 1/2 years while he was in college. its on you tube " aaron and sandy dancing."

I have three sons- Aaron is the oldest, It is so hard to help my boys and husband when I feel like this- Its like a nightmere- more like adream, He is on my fireplace- I know its real but yet its like I cant wrap my head around it. First Thanksgiving, then, christmas, my birthday, new Years, Aarons birthday and orthodox christmas - I feel like what the heck is going on- What do I do to fix this, how as a nurse / his mom can I fix his owie and make it all disappear? i want to be with him, I dont want Aaron to be alone, to be without his mom

• Members

What do I do to fix this, how as a nurse / his mom can I fix his owie and make it all disappear? i want to be with him, I dont want Aaron to be alone, to be without his mom

Sandy ~ You are in the right place. You have just started your own 'thread'. Most of us post under the heading of Loss of an Adult Child. Your boy sounds like he had it all together. I watched the Youtube video. What a treasured memory, what a dancer.

As for how you might fix this, I wish I could tell you. Being a mum, a nurse even and Emergency Dispatcher didn't save my eldest. Its been almost 5yrs since I lost Mike.

I know what you mean by not wanting Aaron to be alone. I guess that's part of what we believe. I truly believe Mike isn't alone. I believe in my heart he's with his grandparents and since being here I also believe he is keeping company with some amazing young people.

I found this site allowed me to talk about my son. Mike was much more than that day. He was 31 when he died.

Please share when you can if you want Aarons story. We post pics, talk about our families and share the load we carry on this journey no one ever wanted to begin.

Trudi

• Members

Thank you

What do I do to fix this, how as a nurse / his mom can I fix his owie and make it all disappear? i want to be with him, I dont want Aaron to be alone, to be without his mom

Sandy ~ You are in the right place. You have just started your own 'thread'. Most of us post under the heading of Loss of an Adult Child. Your boy sounds like he had it all together. I watched the Youtube video. What a treasured memory, what a dancer.

As for how you might fix this, I wish I could tell you. Being a mum, a nurse even and Emergency Dispatcher didn't save my eldest. Its been almost 5yrs since I lost Mike.

I know what you mean by not wanting Aaron to be alone. I guess that's part of what we believe. I truly believe Mike isn't alone. I believe in my heart he's with his grandparents and since being here I also believe he is keeping company with some amazing young people.

I found this site allowed me to talk about my son. Mike was much more than that day. He was 31 when he died.

Please share when you can if you want Aarons story. We post pics, talk about our families and share the load we carry on this journey no one ever wanted to begin.

Trudi

• Members

Sandy - If you want to post in the more active thread, you can go back to forums. There you will see the one titled "Loss of a Child". That's the one you began your thread in. Anyway, after licking on Loss of a Child, it will bring you to the page where you see the thread you began about Aaron. Just under that you will see"Loss of an Adult Child". Clicking on it will take you to that forum which is more active. If you want, you can copy and paste your original post or just write a new one. Just click on the Reply icon to post there. There is also a gallery section in which you can upload pictures of your son and view pictures of some of our kids. If you need help, just let us know and we'll walk you through.

We really do understand what you are going through and where you are at. We'll be here for you....no judgments. You are allowed to cry, scream, rage, question....whatever you need to express.

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

Susan

I am thinking of you especially today. I just teel that Shannon is really at peace. She is so beautifll. You always comfort everyone and I feel you are extra sad. today I ask God to really help you You do a great job comforting everyone but take time for yourself and rest alittle You really need to .Hugs and prayers to you and speak to Shannon and tell her if she sees Rob Hall I miss him like crazy My dad is real sick and will be joining him sometime He has lung cancer and had pnemonia He is in the Hospital and feels so much better Morphine and Antibiotics He is telling dirty joke and the nurses and docs thinkhe is a riot This is the second time he has been in in his life and he is 84 Hgs and Kisses and prayers to you and God Bless I feel your pain My dad acts like the hospital is the Hilton

Robs MOM

• Members

Susan

I am thinking of you especially today. I just teel that Shannon is really at peace. She is so beautifll. You always comfort everyone and I feel you are extra sad. today I ask God to really help you You do a great job comforting everyone but take time for yourself and rest alittle You really need to .Hugs and prayers to you and speak to Shannon and tell her if she sees Rob Hall I miss him like crazy My dad is real sick and will be joining him sometime He has lung cancer and had pnemonia He is in the Hospital and feels so much better Morphine and Antibiotics He is telling dirty joke and the nurses and docs thinkhe is a riot This is the second time he has been in in his life and he is 84 Hgs and Kisses and prayers to you and God Bless I feel your pain My dad acts like the hospital is the Hilton

Robs MOM

Thank you. Today was a tough day as before work I relived every moment of that day she was killed. Very emotional. It was difficult to pull myself together and go to work. I'm thinking that maybe our two angels have met. Maybe Shannon prompted Rob to communicate with your spirit, and that's what lead to you thinking of me today and praying that extra prayer for me. I often ponder the mysteries that await us on the other side. It seems there are connections and our angels join others to help those that are in need. Believing they are still with us, still connected and around us brings me comfort. I think that relationships can still continue; We just have to learn to communicate in a different language....the language of the heart and spirit. I am sorry to hear that you dad's health is declining, but I am sure that Rob will be there to welcome and embrace him when he crosses over. Your dad sounds like a jovial and funny man. It's good that he can laugh in the face of death. My husband has cancer which is incurable, so one day he will cross over and join Shannon. I will be praying for you as well. Thanks again for reaching out to me.

Archived