Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My SON

aaronnelson

• Members

Hello-

Ive never done this before- so Im hoping this is the right way- i am just hoping to find parents out there who can help me try to understand.

November 15, 2011. I got pulled of the floor at work and brought to the administrators office and was told among CEO strangers, That my Son AaroN was killed in an car accident on an Icy bridge in gooseberry falls on his way hunting- they thought both of my sons were in the car, as the other child who died did not get out of the truck before it burnt. The other boy was my son's best friend since childhood.

i feel so alone,this horrible, deep pain is unbearable - will it be here until i die, or is death a better choice

• Members

Sandy

I am so sorry for the death of your beautiful son, Aaron, but death is not a better choice. The physical pain you feel will not last. It has been 3.5 years for our family on the death of my 16 year old son, Brian in a completely preventable car crash.

Most of us post on the Loss Of An Adult Child thread. There are many of us out there - you are not alone.

Please tell us about your Aaron. Here, we say their names Loud and Clear.

You are not alone

Colleen, Brian's Mother Forever

• Members

Dearest Sandy,

My heart goes out to you. I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your beloved Aaron. I lost my son Andy on February 11, 2012. I am coming up on the one-year anniversary of his passing, and while I miss him deeply every day and think of him every second, I can promise you that in time, the hurt becomes softer. Please join us in Loss of an Adult Child. You will find love, support, and compassion. These people saved my life. Hugs to you honey.

• Members

Sandy - I am so heartbroken for you and the loss of your dear son. My 16 yr old daughter, Shannon, was killed in a car accident about a mile from our home on September 20, 2011. All of us parents here understand the unbearable pain, shock, disbelief and despair that follows such tragedy. I was visited at the funeral home during Shannon's viewing by a lady who had lost her son in a car accident earlier in the year. She hugged me and wept, but then she looked me in the eye and told me, "You are going to want to die, but you have to be strong, and remember that you have another daughter, and she needs you." I have not forgotten her words to me. They have played through my mind many times since that day. She was right; I do want to die....I want to cross over to where Shannon is, but that requires that I abandon my only other child, Ragan. I cannot do that, so, I keep living.....somehow. We all wonder how our shattered hearts continue to beat? How our lungs continue to draw another painful breath? How life and the world continues to move forward when our worlds have stopped? Please post in Loss of An Adult Child thread. It is very active, and there you will find love, support and understanding regardless of the age of your angel. Many are farther along on this journey than us, and they give testament that there is hope for us as we make this unspeakable journey. Our path is bathed in darkness right now, but they shine the light for us. Many prayers for peace.

Archived