Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

looking for help

chaser12121

• Members

Little over a week ago, Seems like yesterday, I found my beautiful 15 year old daughter who had committed suicide. The days to follow were filled with family and friends here for support. None of which could understand the or really comprehend what is going on replay in my head.

Family is gone now. Life for most has gone back to normal and I still cant move. I am stuck. I cant close my eyes, be left alone or the vision comes back stronger then the last time. I miss my little girl so much. My wife and I have a 7 year old son also. I have got good at timing a smile or a laugh now so others including him dont know what is going on inside of me. My wife did not see her and and cant tell her what I saw for she does not need to know or share in that pain.

I need to find a way to get to step one but I am stuck, I over flow with tears, not even knowing that I am but I will notice the tear land on my shirt.

I just need to talk to someone. Has anyone here found there loved one? I need to know how to move on or start to at least address it.

• Members

Little over a week ago, Seems like yesterday, I found my beautiful 15 year old daughter who had committed suicide. The days to follow were filled with family and friends here for support. None of which could understand the or really comprehend what is going on replay in my head.

Family is gone now. Life for most has gone back to normal and I still cant move. I am stuck. I cant close my eyes, be left alone or the vision comes back stronger then the last time. I miss my little girl so much. My wife and I have a 7 year old son also. I have got good at timing a smile or a laugh now so others including him dont know what is going on inside of me. My wife did not see her and and cant tell her what I saw for she does not need to know or share in that pain.

I need to find a way to get to step one but I am stuck, I over flow with tears, not even knowing that I am but I will notice the tear land on my shirt.

I just need to talk to someone. Has anyone here found there loved one? I need to know how to move on or start to at least address it.

Missingalissa,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your precious daughter. There are many many parents here who have lost their children. Most of them post in the "Loss of An Adult Child" thread in this forum, regardless of the age of their child. They will be able to offer you support, encouragement and advice that only parents who have suffered such shattering tragedy can understand.

We will all be here to talk to you. Do you allow yourself to cry at all? How is your wife doing? How is your son? Please feel free to post as often as you need to. Feel free to vent, cry, rant, rave, or any other emotion you feel. We also have a place to post pictures (the gallery). Honestly, we will be here to listen to you.

ModKonnie

• Members

Dear Sean

I am so very sorry to hear of the terrible loss of your precious daughter.

I agree It is a difficul road that we parents, who have experienced the loss of a child must walk. Together we can get thru one day, one moment at a time. Family and Friends just cannot understand the extreme pain and sadness.

Come here often, post and know you are not alone. I also found that setting up a Photo album in the Gallery Section of this Board helped to lift my sadness and give mee a warm smile at the sweet memories. I viait the gallery daily.

Many parents post to the Loss of Adult Child section of this Board. If you would like more and to be connected into the main stream--- Just click on that sectiona then click on the "Reply" section and post your heart. Many will hear you and respond.

I lost my only child, my son Stephen over 4 years ago and this Board has helped bring back my sanity.

Please keep coming back

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

My exhusband found our 29 year old son dead from a drug overdose. He did not go into detail with me I still do not know if it was an accidental overdose or deliberate Everyone says it was an accident. It does not matter. because he is gone I am so sorry for your pain. I am sure that there are unfortonately alot of people on this site that have experinced what you have There are no words to express the depthsof your pain . My sisterinlaws sister lost her nephew to suicide about 6 months ago. You and your family are in my prayers and I am praying for you and your family My tears are flowing for your loss I am sure that you will get lots of support from the wonderfull people on this site I am just so sorry that you have to be here . The people here all know how it feels We are the only ones who understand because unless you lose a child you have no clue. Try to eat good and get rest. There is no easy way Maybe later try to go to a support group I am finally going to go to one The people on this site have been a big support to me I wish i found them 2 years ago when my son died. May God be with you to hold you up and give you strength Take it one second at a time. Again I am so sorry for for loss and your pain

Robs Mom

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

My exhusband found our 29 year old son dead from a drug overdose. He did not go into detail with me I still do not know if it was an accidental overdose or deliberate Everyone says it was an accident. It does not matter. because he is gone I am so sorry for your pain. I am sure that there are unfortonately alot of people on this site that have experinced what you have There are no words to express the depthsof your pain . My sisterinlaws sister lost her nephew to suicide about 6 months ago. You and your family are in my prayers and I am praying for you and your family My tears are flowing for your loss I am sure that you will get lots of support from the wonderfull people on this site I am just so sorry that you have to be here . The people here all know how it feels We are the only ones who understand because unless you lose a child you have no clue. Try to eat good and get rest. There is no easy way Maybe later try to go to a support group I am finally going to go to one The people on this site have been a big support to me I wish i found them 2 years ago when my son died. May God be with you to hold you up and give you strength Take it one second at a time. Again I am so sorry for for loss and your pain

Robs Mom

• Members

Alissa's Dad - I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious daughter and the circumstances surrounding her passing. This tragedy occurred so very recently for you and your family. There are no clear steps to follow. Grief is an entity that will take you and do as it wills with you. There is simply no avoiding the experience of grief. Initially there is shock, disbelief, denial, unimaginable pain, and yes, being haunted by images seen and replaying everything over and over. We search for the answer to "why" this happened or was allowed to happen. We blame ourselves. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding the loss of our children, we each relive every detail. Most parents post in the Loss of An Adult Child Thread. It is very active, and there you will find others who know exactly what you are going through. There are several who have lost their children to suicide, and of those, a few where in the home at the time their child took their own life. I lost my 16 yr old daughter, Shannon, in a car accident September 20,2011. I went to the scene of the accident, saw the destruction to her car, knew there was no way anyone could survive that kind of impact, and spent time with her lifeless body in the ambulance prior to them taking her to the morgue. I was only allowed to see a small oval shaped portion of her face as her injuries were severe, and they wanted to spare me the trauma of seeing the state her small body was in. I am also haunted. Haunted by images, haunted by the fact that I did not protect her that day, haunted by the powerlessness and hopelessness of what was allowed by God to happen to my girl. We are all haunted. Please post in the main thread. You will be welcomed there regardless of your daughter's age. The parents there will surround you with understanding, comfort and support.

Archived