Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sinking into a Deep Depression

Tweetymm125@aol.com

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

It has been over 2 years since my son died.. I am going to finally seek professinol help. I am sinking into avery deep depreesion.. My daughter moved out t two weeks ago. I am just so lonely and sad. I cry all the time. I feel so helpless and so hopeless. My dad is dying of cancer I just feel like i cold curl up and die I feel so much despair lately My daghter is 24 and I miss having her around and I miss my son so so mch This is awfull I have to pull myself together i can not concentrate i really need everyones prayers

Thanks

Marty

I also wold like to have my name removed but do not know how to do it

I did not go to cemetery too much because it is too hard

Robs MOm

• Members

It has been over 2 years since my son died.. I am going to finally seek professinol help. I am sinking into avery deep depreesion.. My daughter moved out t two weeks ago. I am just so lonely and sad. I cry all the time. I feel so helpless and so hopeless. My dad is dying of cancer I just feel like i cold curl up and die I feel so much despair lately My daghter is 24 and I miss having her around and I miss my son so so mch This is awfull I have to pull myself together i can not concentrate i really need everyones prayers

Thanks

Marty

I also wold like to have my name removed but do not know how to do it

I did not go to cemetery too much because it is too hard

Robs MOm

I am so sorry that you feeling such dispair and depression has come upon you.....I lost my daughter Jessica, age 26, almost 6 years ago - it is the worst thing that has ever happened to me and the pain is all consuming but there is life waiting out there for you, I know you do not see how that is possible but it is....it takes time, much time too find your place in your new life without your son but trust me the day will come when you will smile, feel the sunshine, laugh again...the pain will never go away it will remain a part of you forever but it will become "softer". I am glad that you going to get professional help - I went for almost a year and am thankful that I did. I am sorry to hear about your dad and having your daughter move out is alot to deal with on top of the grief you are dealing with. I am sending you hugs and prayers and I hope the therapy works for you. I also do not go to the cemetery very often as it hard but there are many days in the summer when I go there and sit with my Jessica, I write in my journal which helps alot...get my thoughts and feelings on paper.... I am not sure what you mean when you say "would like to have my name removed but do not know how to do it" ??? I would like to help if you could explain it so this old mind can understand.....Please take care of yourself. Bless you, Kathy

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

To Jessicas Mom

Thankyou for yor kind words

I meant for my real name to be removed but it dosen't show up when I post so it is OK I guess my real name only showed p wheni joined this site

• Members

Marty,

I understand so well the pain and loneliness that you feel. I believe that you are wise to seek professional help. It takes great strength and wisdom to say, "I need help." I currently take medication for depression, Xanax to help me get a few hours of sleep at night, meet twice monthly with a therapist, meet monthly with a small group of mothers who have also lost their children, and I try to stay active in the main thread....still depression and sadness are my constant companions, but it does help to have support. I have been reading a lot about grief and the various stages. I have read many times that depression is typically the longest lasting stage of this process. It ranges anywhere from 8 months to several years, so seeking help now may help shorten the amount of time that you struggle through this part of the process. You are not alone here. We are walking beside you, and we understand your heartache. Please share with us anytime you need to just "let it out". You are allowed to cry, scream, rage, and yes, even feel sorry for yourself....we all do it, over and over again. We've lost our children, so we are each allowed these liberties. Praying that you find what works for you to help ease your pain, and praying that you sense your son's spirit around you.

• Members
Tweetymm125@aol.com

Susan

Thankyou for yor support,

i should have done this two years ago. I do tak Xanax occasionally to kind of take the edge off I. feel that this grief is starting over. Friends have no clue what i am going thru They figure that it has been 2 years and i should be better i admire that you give so much spport to everyone here i do not know how you do it . Shannon must be saying "You go Mom" I am so proud of you! Are you a therapis?t If you are not than you should be. Thanks for the prayers You are amazing! You really help everyone here I see that you have not postet that much lately You have such a gift for helping people here I used to be the person that cheered everybody up prior to my sons death Now I wallow in grief Iknow it is not good for me I used to be a funnny person and I know my son wants me to be like that again I will really try to be that way again I know Rob would like me to laugh and enjoy life I have a great sense of humor I sed to be the one everyone leaned on Now I feel like a broken china doll

Archived