Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Cell phones Has this happened to you.

WithoutHer

• Members

There is very long story with this but I'm skipping that cutting right to it. I was expecting a call today from a guy with my insurance company who is helping straighten out prescription problem. By 6pm concerned I checked my phone and surprise there were 2 calls, same number, blocked as spam. That however isn't the real problem. Here is what I want to know if this has happened to you. I call the number and sure enough it belongs to the insurance company BUT when the auto system asked the first question it acted as though the microphone in my phone wasn't working. I got nowhere. I called my neighbor to check my phone. Everything is fine. The pharmacy has another number so I called that. Same results. I'm really upset now. How to talk to these people and resolve my prescription.

It's 3 in the morning and while deciding to view our site I accidentally hit the phone icon. Down in the right hand corner is an icon showing 2 voice mails. I hit it and sure enough, even blocked as spam, they were both from the guy trying to help me and he provided me with who to call tomorrow and it all sounds very easy to get resolved. IF THE AUTO ANSWER SYSTEM WORKS FOR ME. With our losses and state of mind who needs this kind of trouble. It might be a connection problem but I think my phone is fine. Am I alone in this kind of problem. Oh and used the number instead of voice option also to get through and the person still couldn't hear me.

I've cried every day over my loss. This has just added to the pain.

• Hugs 2

• Moderators

I have no idea, if I had my way I'd live in the 1800s without all this technology (except I do like internet so I can be with all of you!), I'm clueless about stuff...that was me yelling at my bank about the seventh phone call of the day (yesterday) because none of them seem to do their job right, so frustrating!  Thought I was done, nope!  Got an email, they want me to sign up for authentication some other way than email because they won't be using that March 23rd...only problem is, all of their "options" are with cell phones, and mine doesn't work here in the mountains.  (That wasn't a consideration when I moved here 46 years ago so shoot me!)  See why I reached my breaking point with them?  
The poor guy from India that got me at the end of the day!

• Hugs 2

• Members

Without her,

I haven't had that mystery problem but I have had others that frustrate me too. 

Most recently my email has been randomly sending emails to spam.  People I am directly communicating with regularly.   

My sister-in-law sent me 5 emails yesterday. I received the first 2 fine and answered them both right away. Her 3rd email to me went to my spam folder.  I emailed her saying I was still waiting on her response. She sent a reply, that also went to spam.   A couple of hours later she sent a second follow up, as she hadn't heard back from me and that came through fine.  It was then I realized I was missing some communications from her and found them in spam.  

What the heck.   This drives me crazy.

I marked the 2 emails in spam as Not Spam Return to Inbox.  I hope that fixed the problem, but who knows.  This is not a lone incident. It has been happening with other emails from other people I regularly communicate with.

Good luck with your phone issue.

Gail

• Like 2

• Members

@Gail 8588 Today I called the number my helper left in the voicemail and got to speak with someone. There was automated answer system to get through. However while providing information I put her on speaker phone so I could something up. She could not hear me until I turned off speaker. There's something really weird going on because when we hung an icon appeared on my phone I had never seen before. It had options, Return to call, mute, and hang up. I have some research to do because it seems all the individual parts of the phone work but some software or settings is causing this frustration. None of these things have ever happened on regular phone call just with my insurance and bank.

BTW- I've also had email go to spam from regular senders and more on the phone than the laptop.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I haven't had much problems with gmail, it's pretty good at sorting out spam but if one makes it to inbox I mark it as spam and it remembers that.  But they can drive you nuts for sure!  Lately it's been loading slowly, no idea why.

• Like 1